Is it Chukrasia tabularis (030509SS1-3) ?

Sadhna Sharma

May 3, 2009, 7:49:32 AM5/3/09
to indiantreepix
Sonepat, Haryana, today.
A few specimens have been planted along the Delhi Canal in Sonepat, Haryana.

Request ID please.

Best,
Sadhna Sharma
Picture-074.jpg
Picture-075.jpg
Picture-077.jpg

Tabish

May 4, 2009, 5:30:31 AM5/4/09
to indiantreepix
Looks distinctly like Duabanga (Duabanga grandiflora), although I
wonder what is it doing here in this scorching weather! It does well
in NE India.
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Duabanga.html
- Tabish
>  Picture-074.jpg
> 173KViewDownload
>
>  Picture-075.jpg
> 135KViewDownload
>
>  Picture-077.jpg
> 191KViewDownload

Sadhna Sharma

May 4, 2009, 7:19:00 AM5/4/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Thank you Tabish ji,
Though the tree looks like Duabanga grandiflora, but Trees of Delhi does not mention this tree.

Best,
Sadhna Sharma

Tabish

May 4, 2009, 7:37:18 AM5/4/09
to indiantreepix
It is possible that this has been planted in Haryana, but not in
Delhi. If Duabanga has been planted somewhere in Delhi, it is also
possible that Pradip Krishen missed it. We have found some trees in
Delhi which are not listed in Trees of Delhi.
Best wishes
- Tabish

On May 4, 4:19 pm, Sadhna Sharma <sadhn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Tabish ji,
> Though the tree looks like Duabanga grandiflora, but Trees of Delhi does not
> mention this tree.
>
> Best,
> Sadhna Sharma

Navendu

May 4, 2009, 7:39:29 AM5/4/09
to indiantreepix
looks more like Ailathus triphysa or Cedrella odorata

navendu

Tabish

May 4, 2009, 10:40:58 AM5/4/09
to indiantreepix
I would be wrong if the leaves are indeed compound. My thinking was
based on the feeling that these are simple leaves, giving the
impression of pinnate leaf leaflets.
I am now really curious to know the identity of this one! Navendu's
guess, Ailanthus triphysa sounds good!
Cheers!
- Tabish

J.M. Garg