About Jasmine Sambac propagation

MADHAVI SANJAY MALI

Sep 18, 2023, 11:06:26 AM9/18/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I tried Jasmine Sambac propagation using seeds obtained from my shrub around 40 days ago and now the new sapling is 2 week old.
Just I wanted to know if the propagation method is usually this successful.

Mahadeswara

Sep 18, 2023, 10:56:12 PM9/18/23
to eFloraofIndia
The best method is to use stem cuttings.  You are assured of the same quality of the flowers and early flowering.

MADHAVI SANJAY MALI

Sep 19, 2023, 12:05:42 AM9/19/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I have already employed this method, nothing new. But what I want is if the Jasmine Sambac propagation is done anywhere in the world using seeds

Mahadeswara

Sep 19, 2023, 7:55:52 AM9/19/23
to eFloraofIndia
Why not when you have done it.  However,  nobody prefers growing from seed, as seed (fruit)  formation is not regular and takes a longer time for the plants to grow to adulthood.  Furthermore,  one cannot expect the same quality of flowers like the mother plant.