23092011-BS-1 A small herb for id from Chakrata

Balkar Arya

Sep 22, 2011, 9:04:56 PM9/22/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
A small herb for id from Chakrata
Wild, on the way to Tiger fall about 2000-2200 mt height
plant was about 6-8 inch only with deep orange color flowers
Thanks

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
IMG_9872Sm.JPG
IMG_9873Sm.JPG
IMG_9874Sm.JPG
IMG_9875Sm.JPG
IMG_9876Sm.JPG
IMG_9877Sm.JPG
IMG_9878Sm.JPG
IMG_9879Sm.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 22, 2011, 11:14:18 PM9/22/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
The closest match is Canscora diffusa, but flower colour is different

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tanay Bose

Sep 23, 2011, 12:06:06 AM9/23/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
 Canscora diffusa came into my mind too but I rejected due
to the flower colour
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Balkar Arya

Sep 23, 2011, 3:02:43 AM9/23/11
to Tanay Bose, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Some close ups of the flowers
IMG_9872.jpg
IMG_9876.jpg
IMG_9877.jpg

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 23, 2011, 3:42:14 AM9/23/11
to Tanay Bose, Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
is it that sepals are four and petals three. Any significance?
Madhuri

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 11:58:23 AM9/26/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, Tanay Bose, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
I think this plant should be Kohautia coccinea

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 12:39:14 PM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Pejaver, Tanay Bose, indiantreepix
Yes Sir Agree, The doubt Created by Shrikant Ji was right. He on the spot had said that this may have 4 petals instead of three. But fourth one is so nicely missing, one cant say that there should be four.
Thanks a lot for the id
Thanks for the ..................ID of The Tour!!!!!!!!!

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 12:57:00 PM9/26/11
to Balkar Arya, Madhuri Pejaver, Tanay Bose, indiantreepix
Balkar ji
I think later on we found one with four. Do you have those photographs. Not one of crucifer Erysimum.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 1:01:49 PM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Pejaver, Tanay Bose, indiantreepix
No Sir i could not see with forth petal. May be Nidhan Ji and Shrikant Ji having that snap

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 27, 2011, 5:34:02 AM9/27/11
to Balkar Arya, Madhuri Pejaver, Tanay Bose, indiantreepix
Balkar ji
I got the four petal ones from Tiger fall area, colour slightly more orange but it is the same plant

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Kohautia-coccinea-Tiger fall-1.jpg
Kohautia-coccinea-Tiger fall-2.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 27, 2011, 8:16:54 AM9/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Pejaver, Tanay Bose, indiantreepix
Vow really a great Catch!!! I missed to shoot this!!!!
Thanks for Showing Sir

Nidhan Singh

Oct 4, 2011, 2:44:16 AM10/4/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Pejaver, Tanay Bose, indiantreepix
Hi,

Sorry for delayed posting. I am also attaching my pics of Kohautia-coccinea from near the exit point of Tiger falls, Balkarji might remember he went away due to dehydration.

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Kohautia-coccinea.JPG
Kohautia-coccinea (1).JPG
Kohautia-coccinea (2).JPG
Kohautia-coccinea (3).JPG
Kohautia-coccinea (4).JPG

Balkar Arya

Oct 4, 2011, 9:06:55 AM10/4/11
to Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Pejaver, Tanay Bose, indiantreepix
Nice with fourth petal Nidhan Ji