Identification request of this Rubus sp. From kupwara, J&K

Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist)

Jun 18, 2021, 9:11:23 AM6/18/21
to efloraofindia
Photo credits:Adil.abdullah
SAVE_20210618_183952.jpg
SAVE_20210618_183944.jpg
SAVE_20210618_184000.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 24, 2021, 12:06:47 PM6/24/21
to efloraofindia, saadiks...@gmail.com
Could not find a match as per comparative images at Rubus
What are the species reported from your area?

On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 at 18:41, Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist) <saadiks...@gmail.com> wrote:
Photo credits:Adil.abdullah

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 24, 2021, 1:14:28 PM6/24/21
to Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist), efloraofindia
Can you provide the list?

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Thu, 24 Jun, 2021, 10:31 pm Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist), <saadiks...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have checked all Rubus sp of our area.. Couldn't find any match

Regards,
Shakir Ahmad.
M.sc  Botany.
Department of Botany,
School of Life sciences,Central University of Kashmir,Ganderbal, J&K, India

J.M. Garg

Jun 24, 2021, 9:20:15 PM6/24/21
to efloraofindia, saadiks...@gmail.com
Thanks, Shakir ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Jul 1, 2021, 4:12:44 AM7/1/21
to efloraofindia, saadiks...@gmail.com
Out of these, I think it is close to Rubus idaeus subsp. strigosus (due to small petals) as per GBIF- images one, two, three, POWO, Go Botany, Wild flower
Another possibility was Rubus caesius as per POWO and GBIF images one, two, three and specimens from Asia- one, two, three and Plant illustration, but buds look a bit different and less glandular and petals are large and shape is different.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jul 1, 2021, 11:19:38 AM7/1/21
to Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist), efloraofindia
Thanks, Shakir ji,
If you had given earlier, my work would have been reduced.

On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 at 13:50, Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist) <saadiks...@gmail.com> wrote:
My guess was R.idaeus

Regards,
Shakir Ahmad.
M.sc  Botany.
Department of Botany,
School of Life sciences,Central University of Kashmir,Ganderbal, J&K, India

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist)

J.M. Garg

Jul 1, 2021, 12:07:46 PM7/1/21
to Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist), efloraofindia
You should have said R.idaeus ? Or R.idaeus for validation or like that, when you have any doubts about id.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist)