Parijat Tree

mani nair

Feb 8, 2010, 10:21:31 AM2/8/10
to indiantreepix
This is the picture of Parijat tree growing in a pot in our balcony.
I was not hoping to see its flowering, since it is growing in a small
pot, but one morning I was surprised to see it in full of flowers.
During rain I am planning to plant it in ground. It produced some
seeds also. Any of my friends needs its seeds please mail to me.

Regards,

Mani.

pari2.JPG
pari1.JPG

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Feb 8, 2010, 5:39:58 PM2/8/10
to mani nair, indiantreepix
Citharexylum sp.

santhosh

SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

Dinesh Valke

Feb 8, 2010, 10:14:00 PM2/8/10
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, mani nair, indiantreepix
Nyctanthes arbor-tristis,
commonly known as : coral jasmine, queen of the night • Hindi : हार सिंगार har-singar, पारिजात parijat, शेफ़ाली shefali • Konkani : पारिजातक parijatak • Manipuri : singarei • Marathi : पारिजात parijat • Tamil : பவழமல்லி pavazhamalli

Regards.

R. Vijayasankar

Feb 9, 2010, 2:07:24 AM2/9/10
to Dinesh Valke, Dr Santhosh Kumar, mani nair, indiantreepix
The flowers belong to Nyctanthes arbor-tristis (Paarijatham, Pavala malli) as told by Dinesh ji.

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore