Flower for Id- ID23102015SH1

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Oct 23, 2015, 6:55:58 AM10/23/15
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Picture of flower for Id pl.
Location - Pune
Date- September 2015
Habitat -Wild

Regards,
Shobha Chavda
IMG-20151020-WA0010.jpg

Ushadi Micromini

Oct 23, 2015, 10:00:33 AM10/23/15
to Shobha Halwe-Chavda, indiantreepix
wild bhindi
hibiscus sabdariffa i think
good source of vit c  if its the roselle

lets wait for experts
usha di

Usha di
===========

Shobha Halwe-Chavda

Oct 24, 2015, 4:17:33 AM10/24/15
to Ushadi Micromini, indiantreepix
But Ushadi ji, in roselle (Wild bhindi),the flowers are yellow coloured ?
Shobha

Ushadi Micromini

Oct 24, 2015, 9:27:20 PM10/24/15
to Shobha Halwe-Chavda, J.M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
roselle ...i have never seen yellow flowered roselle

wild bhindi  to me is a loosely used term that describes roselle and other non-cultivated bhindi ... not very scientific... but then i like it as a quick recognition tool and then go forward...
in this case we went to h. sabdariffa s my id for it..

wild bhindi from north india seem to have yellow flowers I think Balkar had shown some here in the past you may want to go to this site (our website and search) https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/indiantreepix

usha di

ps i would also like to hear from experts
--
Usha di
===========

J.M. Garg

Nov 1, 2015, 3:46:28 AM11/1/15
to efloraofindia, Shobha Halwe-Chavda, Ushadi Micromini

Some earlier relevant feedback:

wild bhindi
hibiscus sabdariffa i think
good source of vit c if its the roselle
lets wait for experts

usha di

efi page on Hibiscus sabdariffa

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

IMG-20151020-WA0010.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 7, 2015, 3:57:46 AM11/7/15
to efloraofindia, Shobha Halwe-Chavda, Ushadi Micromini
Appear like Hibiscus sabdariffa as per images at this link.
IMG-20151020-WA0010.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2022, 12:36:41 AM (7 days ago) Jan 15
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda
Although details are not clear, this is Hibiscus radiatus Cav. as per images and keys herein.