ID request - 05072011PC3

9 views
Skip to first unread message

chitralekha P

unread,
Jul 5, 2011, 1:34:24 AM7/5/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Please identify the plant. Branched shrub growing in Delhi, Flowers in May -June. 1-1.5 m high.
Regards,
Chitralekha
020.JPG
021.JPG
022.JPG

ajinkya gadave

unread,
Jul 5, 2011, 1:38:38 AM7/5/11
to chitralekha P, indian...@googlegroups.com

 Galfemia glouca


Pinki

unread,
Jul 5, 2011, 2:18:58 AM7/5/11
to efloraofindia
Galphimia gracilis may be its an old name...

Alok
>  020.JPG
> 198KViewDownload
>
>  021.JPG
> 202KViewDownload
>
>  022.JPG
> 187KViewDownload

Smilax004

unread,
Jul 5, 2011, 2:39:21 AM7/5/11
to efloraofindia
It is Galphimia glauca (Slender goldshower) of Malpigiaceae family.
Please note the spelling.

http://www.flowersofindia.in/catalog/slides/Slender%20Goldshower.html


Regards
Giby

On Jul 5, 10:38 am, ajinkya gadave <ajinkyagad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  *Galfemia glouca*

Chitralekha

unread,
Jul 5, 2011, 1:38:28 PM7/5/11
to efloraofindia
Thank you Ajinkyaji, Alokji and Gibyji but is it Galphimia glauca or
G. gracilis? Both almost look the same; how do we distinguish?
Regards,
Chitralekha

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Jul 7, 2011, 2:37:59 AM7/7/11
to Chitralekha, efloraofindia
Chitralekha ji

This thread should help you:


Here is my relevant information from that thread

 G. glauca is distinct in having persistent 
petals often spreading below the fruit, longer and denser inflorescence, 
peduncle much shorter than peduncle (less than 1/2 as long) with bracteoles 
borne well below the tip of peduncle (peduncle 1/2 to almost as long as 
pedicel in G. gracilis; bracteoles at peduncle tip), shorter claw (1.5-2 mm 
in lateral petals, 3-4 in posterior, as against 2-2.5 in lat and 4-5 in 
post. petals in G. gracilis) and shorter fruit (2.5 mm long as against 4.5-5 
mm in G. gracilis). 

-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 

Chitralekha

unread,
Jul 8, 2011, 11:36:14 AM7/8/11
to efloraofindia
Thank you, Dr. Gurcharan Singhji. It looks like G.gracilis to me but
shall check the plant again and get back with better picutres.
Regards,
Chitralekha

On Jul 7, 1:37 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chitralekha ji
>
> This thread should help you:
>
> https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/36...
>
> Here is my relevant information from that thread
>
>  G. glauca is distinct in having persistent
> petals often spreading below the fruit, longer and denser inflorescence,
> peduncle much shorter than peduncle (less than 1/2 as long) with bracteoles
> borne well below the tip of peduncle (peduncle 1/2 to almost as long as
> pedicel in G. gracilis; bracteoles at peduncle tip), shorter claw (1.5-2 mm
> in lateral petals, 3-4 in posterior, as against 2-2.5 in lat and 4-5 in
> post. petals in G. gracilis) and shorter fruit (2.5 mm long as against 4.5-5
>
> mm in G. gracilis).
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:08 PM, Chitralekha <p_chitrale...@yahoo.co.in>wrote:
>
>
>
> > Thank you Ajinkyaji, Alokji and Gibyji but is it Galphimia glauca or
> > G. gracilis? Both almost look the same; how do we distinguish?
> > Regards,
> > Chitralekha
>
> > On Jul 5, 10:34 am, chitralekha P <p_chitrale...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> > > Please identify the plant. Branched shrub growing in Delhi, Flowers in
> > May
> > > -June. 1-1.5 m high.
>
> > > Regards,
> > > Chitralekha
>
> > >  020.JPG
> > > 198KViewDownload
>
> > >  021.JPG
> > > 202KViewDownload
>
> > >  022.JPG
> > > 187KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages