Re: [indiantreepix:13837] Climber ID please.

Neil Soares

Jun 27, 2009, 12:32:47 AM6/27/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, rashida atthar
Hi Rashida,
  The photographs are not very clear but I would go with Cansjera rheedii - a scandent shrub. The 'thorns' you refer to are blunt branches that appear like thorns.
                           Regards,
                             Neil.

Jun 27, 2009, 12:56:39 AM6/27/09
to drneil...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil,

Thanks, here are some more pics of the same climber from a different spot at CEC, taken today 27 June '09, this one did not have thorns. The new and older leaves are seen toghether. kindly validate.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 21:32:47 -0700
From: drneil...@yahoo.com
Subject: [indiantreepix:13840] Re: Climber ID please.
To: indian...@googlegroups.com; rashid...@hotmail.com
Climber1.jpg
Climber old & new leaves.jpg
climber2.jpg

Neil Soares

Jun 27, 2009, 3:27:08 AM6/27/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, rashida atthar
Affirmitive Rashida,
Get easy photo sharing with Windows Live™ Photos. Drag n’ drop

rashida atthar

Jun 27, 2009, 11:19:35 AM6/27/09
to drneil...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Neil for the validation.  with regards to the  thorns I had mentioned earlier actually they are stout spines which I clearly saw and also got a prick  with the pics taken on 25 June '09. Just to validate that I googled and in the Flora of Hyderabad by M. Sharfuddin Khan it is mentioned about Cansjera rheedii as "... a large pretty evergreen climbing shrub, armed with scattered stout spines....".  This also explains why we did not see the spines in the pics taken today.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 00:27:08 -0700
From: drneil...@yahoo.com