Tree ID request, Delhi (230509.ys.1st)

Sangeeta Swami

May 23, 2009, 11:37:12 AM5/23/09
to indiantreepix
Today, Delhi.

The underside of the leaves was looking silvery.

Request ID.

Sangeeta Swami
ys.0509.a.jpg
ys.0509.b.jpg

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 23, 2009, 12:05:40 PM5/23/09
to Sangeeta Swami, indiantreepix
Hello It is Salix

--- On Sat, 23/5/09, Sangeeta Swami <yash.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 23, 2009, 12:06:37 PM5/23/09
to Sangeeta Swami, indiantreepix

Hello,
It is Salix.Inhindi Majanu
Regard
Devendra Bhardwaj

sibdas

May 23, 2009, 1:11:17 PM5/23/09
to indiantreepix
This is a Salix, In Hindi Majnoon refers to S. babylonica (the weeping
willow) and also to S. daphnoides. It is not definitely the weeping
Willow. It is more likely Salix alba. as stated the underside is
silvery.

On May 23, 9:06 pm, Devendra Bhardwaj <devendra_bhard...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
> It is Salix.Inhindi Majanu
> Regard
> Devendra Bhardwaj

Sangeeta Swami

May 23, 2009, 10:10:34 PM5/23/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix
Thanks to all of you, Navan ji, Devendra ji and Sibdas ji.

Sangeeta

JM Garg

Jul 26, 2020, 3:26:35 AM7/26/20
to efloraofindia, Sangeeta Swami, sibdas, Devendra Bhardwaj, GurcharanSingh
More likely to be Salix tetrasperma Roxb. rather than Salix alba as per images and details herein.
ys.0509.a.jpg
ys.0509.b.jpg

Sibdas Ghosh

Jul 26, 2020, 8:32:15 AM7/26/20
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, Sangeeta Swami, Devendra Bhardwaj, GurcharanSingh
Noted.

Devendra Bhardwaj

Jul 26, 2020, 8:37:18 PM7/26/20
to JM Garg, Sibdas Ghosh, efloraofindia, Sangeeta Swami, GurcharanSingh
Respected gargji,
Most probably

White Willow Tree Salix Alba

Regards
Devendra

J.M. Garg

Jul 26, 2020, 11:33:11 PM7/26/20
to Devendra Bhardwaj, Sibdas Ghosh, efloraofindia, Sangeeta Swami, GurcharanSingh
No, Devendra ji,
Salix alba looks different as per images and details herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Devendra Bhardwaj

Jul 27, 2020, 7:10:56 AM7/27/20
to J.M. Garg, Sibdas Ghosh, efloraofindia, Sangeeta Swami, GurcharanSingh

Sir,

 It is belongs to Salix genus tree . It is not looking like Salix acmophylla or Salix babylonica

.I think then it is Salix tetrasperma  .

Regards

Devendra Bhardwaj

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 27, 2020, 12:21:47 PM7/27/20
to Devendra Bhardwaj, J.M. Garg, Sibdas Ghosh, efloraofindia, Sangeeta Swami
Admire your confidence Garg ji

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

J.M. Garg

Jul 27, 2020, 12:28:58 PM7/27/20
to Gurcharan Singh, Devendra Bhardwaj, Sibdas Ghosh, efloraofindia, Sangeeta Swami
Thanks, Singh ji,
This only comes when I go through all the posts of all other members including those of Sukla ji, yours etc. along with their perusal with online resources like efloras, POWO, Catalogue of Life etc.
Than putting them in comparative images along with distribution etc.
Then everything sinks in.
And then I am able to say what this is and what this is not.
We have accumulated wonderful knowledge in efloraofindia and it requires someone to harness it.
Nobody has such a good team, which we have.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg