173 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 25, 2021, 10:00:16 PM10/25/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 15.10.2021, 12.50pm

Habitat: wild moisture, riverside

Plant habit: under shrub, erect, branches, hard stem base 5mm diameter, hairy young stem, perennial

Height: 03 feet

Leaves: alternate, tripartite, leaflet ovate oblong apex, size:05×01cm, mucous when chewed

Flower: diameter:07mm, yellow, non fragrant

Fruit: capsule, green into brown, size:8×3×2mm

Seed: brown, single, ovate compressed size:7×2×1mm

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

173 Identify wild plant
20211015_145025.jpg
20211015_125057.jpg
20211015_125405.jpg
20211015_125521.jpg
20211015_125132.jpg
20211015_125004.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 25, 2021, 10:03:57 PM10/25/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211015_125711.jpg
20211015_130021.jpg
20211015_134327.jpg
20211015_130451.jpg
20211015_130056.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 25, 2021, 10:06:50 PM10/25/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211015_134427.jpg
20211015_134537.jpg
20211015_130121.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 26, 2021, 6:35:12 AM10/26/21
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Fabaceae, but ....!
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 26, 2021, 6:59:54 AM10/26/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Thank you dear Saroj ji, kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Oct 26, 2021, 7:20:27 AM10/26/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia

Stylosanthes

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 26, 2021, 7:36:48 AM10/26/21
to J.M. Garg, Tabish, herbar...@iisc.ac.in, Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 26, 2021, 2:00:27 PM10/26/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, Tabish, herbar...@iisc.ac.in, efloraindia
No doubt, yes, it is, dear Garg ji and Saroj ji.  Thank you very much for ID my plant.  I think this weed's seed here comes with wheet grains.  I saw another kind of weed seed also with wheet grains. My next request is on this plant, it is only one, rare growing close to Stylosanthes hamata.  No wheet cultivation in Kerala, although it is coming from North Indian states.  With kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 27, 2021, 3:49:09 AM10/27/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, Tabish, herbar...@iisc.ac.in, efloraindia
OK. Please see links I have enclosed !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 27, 2021, 8:12:14 AM10/27/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, Tabish, herbar...@iisc.ac.in, efloraindia
Thank you very much for provided the links, dear Saroj ji, I will checked all the links and these links also said that my plant is Stylosanthes hamata, with kind regards, Sam.

Kumar Prabhat Das

Oct 28, 2021, 7:22:45 AM10/28/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Stylosanthes hamata (L.) Taub

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 28, 2021, 7:29:31 AM10/28/21
to efloraindia, Kumar Prabhat Das, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 28, 2021, 10:15:28 AM10/28/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Kumar Prabhat Das, J.M. Garg
Yes, dear Saroj ji, the link shows same plant; two names!!!  I am sure that our efi is correct, means my plant is Stylosanthes hamata (L.) Taub that you suggest.  With kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 28, 2021, 10:24:51 AM10/28/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia, Kumar Prabhat Das, J.M. Garg

Thank you Sam !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Nov 6, 2021, 9:33:50 AM11/6/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Kumar Prabhat Das
Id is correct as per Keys at Lucid Central;
Looks different from images of Stylosanthes guianensis (Aubl.) Sw. at POWO

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 6, 2021, 10:00:13 AM11/6/21
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Kumar Prabhat Das

Thank you Mr.Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 6, 2021, 11:44:51 AM11/6/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Kumar Prabhat Das
Dear Garg ji, Saroj ji, Kumar ji, all Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant and sharing more information, with kind regards, Sam.