ID wild tree

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 5, 2022, 1:23:38 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild tree, I don't know when it's flower opens (at night?) but feels good fragrance, with kind regards, Sam.

Location: (flower close-ups Chathamattom) near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Dist. Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 04.11.2021, 02.35pm

                      24.01.2022

Habitat: wild, moisture, shady riverside

Plant habit: small tree, erect, branches, hard woody stem 08 inches base circumference, latex, long lasting

Height: 04 meters

Leaves: alternate, ovate, oblong, apex, glossy, wavy margins, size:10×6cm or less

Flower: racemose, size, diameter:02.00mm, off-white, good fragrance

Fruit: ovoid green into orange, size:2×0.6cm, edible delicious sweet

Seed: black single, ovoid, size:1×0.4cm

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

CANON EOS1500D

264 Identify wild plant
20211104_143320.jpg
20210820_182216.jpg
20211104_143419.jpg
20211104_143507.jpg
20220124150314_IMG_0224.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 5, 2022, 1:26:29 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220124145640_IMG_0217.JPG
20220124145725_IMG_0218.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 5, 2022, 1:38:06 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220124145313_IMG_0213.JPG
20220124145640_IMG_0217.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 5, 2022, 1:44:14 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220124145757_IMG_0219.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 5, 2022, 1:45:59 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220124145757_IMG_0219.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 5, 2022, 2:36:11 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220124150440_IMG_0225.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 5, 2022, 2:40:27 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220124145505_IMG_0215.JPG

Mahadeswara

Feb 5, 2022, 6:35:57 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Please check for Apocyanaceae member.

M Swamy

Feb 5, 2022, 8:19:33 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Also check for Erythroxylum species. Fruits have resemblance.
Also post a picture of the fully opened flower photo showing all the details.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 5, 2022, 9:49:20 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Mahadeswara ji,
It is not Erythroxylum sp. because leaves are not matching. I completed frequent visits in morning, noon, evening for atleast one opened picture (not in night), but not available.  But I feels good fragrance.  One morning, I softly touched on a flower that I already noticed yesterday sheds in my hand!  So it is difficult to post an open flower picture, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 5, 2022, 9:56:42 AM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220124150228_IMG_0221.JPG

vip...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2022, 9:56:22 PM2/5/22
to efloraofindia

Isonandra lanceolata Wight [Sapotaceae].

Best wishes, Viplav

M Swamy

Feb 5, 2022, 10:42:38 PM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Sam ji for all your efforts rather best efforts in  presenting all the plant parts in the best form.  Your contribution is notable to the eflora group.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAEBD%2BRr2CNmzYdOK%3D3m86609%2B38APAPgvZ19WVaGuq7nX5fMsQ%40mail.gmail.com.

M Swamy

Feb 5, 2022, 10:43:08 PM2/5/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks Viplav ji for the ID.  Great !

On Sun, Feb 6, 2022 at 8:26 AM vip...@gmail.com <vip...@gmail.com> wrote:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAEBD%2BRr2CNmzYdOK%3D3m86609%2B38APAPgvZ19WVaGuq7nX5fMsQ%40mail.gmail.com.

J.M. Garg

Feb 6, 2022, 8:47:50 AM2/6/22
to efloraofindia, vip...@gmail.com, M Swamy, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Viplav ji, for the id.
To me also appears close as per Biotik, FoPI

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 7, 2022, 2:21:43 AM2/7/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vip...@gmail.com, M Swamy
Great Viplav ji, identified from an unopened flower!!!  Yes, it is Isonandra lanceolata, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.
Screenshot_20220207-123808_Google.jpg