wild flower from Lava (darjeeling district)

8 views
Skip to first unread message

Shantanu Bhattacharya

unread,
Aug 25, 2010, 4:30:37 PM8/25/10
to efloraofindia
Hi
taken this shot of a lovely red blossom during my bird-watching tour to Lava-Lolegaon near Darjeeling.
Wud be grateful if someone can give the ID.
 
Shantanu Bhattacharya.
Dept. of Biology
Vivekananda Mission School (ICSE)
Kolkata.
plantt.JPG

Ritesh Choudhary

unread,
Aug 25, 2010, 7:07:36 PM8/25/10
to efloraofindia
Looks like Carex baccans to me!

Regards,
Ritesh.
>  plantt.JPG
> 335KViewDownload

Shantanu

unread,
Aug 26, 2010, 2:58:06 PM8/26/10
to efloraofindia
Thanks Ritesh ji....

regards
Shantanu.
> > 335KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

J.M. Garg

unread,
Oct 8, 2010, 1:07:01 AM10/8/10
to efloraofindia, Shantanu Bhattacharya, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Pravir, Tabish, Dr. M. K. Pathak, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Looks like Carex baccans to me!

Regards,
Ritesh.”

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them for free as per liberal licensing conditions attached with each image.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1400 members & 49,500 messages on 5/10/10 & with a database of around 4050 species on 21/8/10)

plantt.JPG

Pravir

unread,
Oct 8, 2010, 1:29:12 AM10/8/10
to efloraofindia
Its the same plant is Carex baccans

On Oct 8, 10:07 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> “Looks like Carex baccans to me!
>
> Regards,
> Ritesh.”
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Shantanu Bhattacharya <shnt...@gmail.com>
> Date: 26 August 2010 02:00
> Subject: [efloraofindia:45518] wild flower from Lava (darjeeling district)
> To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>
>
> Hi
> taken this shot of a lovely red blossom during my bird-watching tour to
> Lava-Lolegaon near Darjeeling.
> Wud be grateful if someone can give the ID.
>
> Shantanu Bhattacharya.
> Dept. of Biology
> Vivekananda Mission School (ICSE)
> Kolkata.
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
> eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> for free as per liberal licensing conditions attached with each image.
> For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1400 members &
> 49,500 messages on 5/10/10 & with a database of around 4050 species on
> 21/8/10)
>
>
>
>  plantt.JPG
> 335KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Oct 27, 2010, 12:53:52 PM10/27/10
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary, Shantanu Bhattacharya

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Looks like Carex baccans to me!

Regards,
Ritesh.”


Its the same plant is Carex baccans

"Pravir"



-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shantanu Bhattacharya <shn...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 1:30 PM
Subject: [efloraofindia:45518] wild flower from Lava (darjeeling district)
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>


plantt.JPG
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages