Leh plants

Inderjeet Sethi

Sep 17, 2009, 10:13:44 AM9/17/09
to indiantreepix
And found this commonly growing sea-buckthorn berries bushes from which Leh berry juices and jams are made.
Ik sethi
Hippophae rhamnoides 1.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 17, 2009, 11:46:03 AM9/17/09
to Inderjeet Sethi, indiantreepix
Hi, Sethi ji,
What a lovely composition!!!
By the time I finished reading your mail & seeing your picture, my mouth was full with gastric juices.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

singhg .

Sep 17, 2009, 12:38:05 PM9/17/09
to J.M. Garg, Inderjeet Sethi, indiantreepix
2009/9/17 Inderjeet Sethi <ikse...@gmail.com>

Good one Dr Sethi

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Department of Botany

Inderjeet Sethi

Sep 17, 2009, 11:38:51 PM9/17/09
to singhg ., J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thanks for the appreciation. Well, I can send u some jam which I bought from Leh. By the way is the identification (Botanical name) correct or we need to add and varietal name in this?
IK Sethi

Satish Phadke

Sep 18, 2009, 5:22:18 AM9/18/09
to Inderjeet Sethi, indiantreepix
A lot of these plants were observed during my visit to Spiti Valley in last week of Jun 2009.
Attaching some pictures for confirmation. Of course no flowers or fruits were observed at that time.
Thanks
Dr Phadke

2009/9/17 Inderjeet Sethi <ikse...@gmail.com>

And found this commonly growing sea-buckthorn berries bushes from which Leh berry juices and jams are made.
Ik sethi

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
140Sea buckthorn1.jpg

Inderjeet Sethi

Sep 21, 2009, 2:18:58 AM9/21/09
to indiantreepix
Request for identification. It was growing at a height of about 18000ft near Khardungla pass. Picture taken on 9th sept, 2009.
IK Sethi
IMG_1292.JPG
IMG_1245.JPG

singhg .

Sep 21, 2009, 2:56:14 AM9/21/09
On 9/20/09, Inderjeet Sethi <ikse...@gmail.com> wrote:
Request for identification. It was growing at a height of about 18000ft near Khardungla pass. Picture taken on 9th sept, 2009.
IK Sethi

University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018
Phone: 011025518297; Mobile: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Swagat

Sep 21, 2009, 2:56:34 AM9/21/09
to Inderjeet Sethi, indiantreepix
Dear all,

Is it  'Delphinium'  of 'Ranunculaceae' Family ?

'Ranunculaceae' Family is called 'मोरवेल कुल' in Marathi. ('Family' is called 'Kul' 'कुल' in Marathi)

Hereafter where ever possible... I will try to give 'Family' names also in Marathi, also request other members to share whatever information they have in their local languages along with scientific names.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

2009/9/21 Inderjeet Sethi <ikse...@gmail.com>
Request for identification. It was growing at a height of about 18000ft near Khardungla pass. Picture taken on 9th sept, 2009.
IK Sethi

singhg .

Sep 21, 2009, 3:10:44 AM9/21/09
to Swagat, Inderjeet Sethi, indiantreepix
2009/9/21 Inderjeet Sethi <ikse...@gmail.com>

Swagat ji
You are perhaps right; spur has won over hood

Probably Delphinium brunonianum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College