Euphorbiaceae week :: Jatropha nana

Satish Phadke

Mar 8, 2011, 10:52:54 AM3/8/11
to indiantreepix
Jatropha nana
A less common plant but seen here in Pune on Vetal hills.
Dr Phadke
DSCN1649 jatropha.jpg
DSCN1648s jatropha.jpg

Swagat

Mar 8, 2011, 11:27:03 AM3/8/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Dear all,

'Jatropha nana' is called 'Kirkundi' 'किर्कुंडी' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9422317979 / 9223217568

2011/3/8 Satish Phadke <drsmp...@gmail.com>

Jatropha nana
A less common plant but seen here in Pune on Vetal hills.
Dr Phadke

Pankaj Kumar

Mar 8, 2011, 10:57:44 AM3/8/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
This is new to me. Thanks a lot for sharing the beautiful pic.
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

tanay bose

Mar 8, 2011, 6:04:40 PM3/8/11
to Swagat, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
This one is new for me too
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Rashida Atthar

Mar 8, 2011, 11:41:59 PM3/8/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thank you Satish ji for the wonderful set of  Jatrophas you have sent together and this one in particular.

regards,
Rashida.

rajank

Mar 9, 2011, 5:17:49 AM3/9/11
to efloraofindia
This very nice pic of J. nana, This plant is rarely seen in Mumbai &
vicinity. This is a plant for future energy,seed oil is used in
biofuel
thanks,

rajank