ID request plant..

4 views
Skip to the first unread message

arvind kadus

unread,
19-Aug-2010, 7:07:00 am19/08/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, All,
This plant is located in Mahabaleshwar-Poladpur ghat,
5-6 ft. plant,
Purple coloured flowers.
Regards,
Dr. Kadus Arvind.Pune.

IMG_5021A.JPG
IMG_5022A.JPG
IMG_5025A.JPG

Mayur Nandikar

unread,
20-Aug-2010, 1:56:49 am20/08/10
to arvind kadus, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello ,
This may be Clerodendrum serratum (Linnaeus) Moon.
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,
Department of Botany,
Shivaji University,
Kolhapur.

arvind kadus

unread,
20-Aug-2010, 8:29:59 am20/08/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Mayur Nandikar
Hi, All,
Attaching herewith the shots of clerodendrum sarratum. Which totally differs from preveous pictures. Flowers are not alike.

Inflorescence may be same. Genus may be same but may be other species?.

Yet to clarify again..
Dr. Kadus Arvind.


Clerodendrum serratum5.JPG
Clerodendrum serratum6.JPG

arvind kadus

unread,
20-Aug-2010, 8:32:49 am20/08/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Mayur Nandikar
Clerodendrum serratum5.JPG
Clerodendrum serratum6.JPG

Neil Soares

unread,
20-Aug-2010, 8:54:11 am20/08/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, arvind kadus, Mayur Nandikar
Hi Dr.Kadus,
  Looks the same to me. Sending some of my photographs for comparison.
                         Regards,
                          Neil Soares.

--- On Fri, 8/20/10, arvind kadus <agasti...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
Clerodendrum serratum, Blue Fountain Bush 1.jpg
Clerodendrum serratum, Blue Fountain Bush 2.jpg

Dr. Arvind Kadus

unread,
20-Aug-2010, 9:28:03 am20/08/10
to efloraofindia, drneil...@yahoo.com
Neil Ji,
Its my mistake, I have posted it twice by mistake. But the earlier one
is different i think. Inflorescence, Flowers are also different. May
be genus is same but species may be different.
May be flowers are not opened in that picture. thats why confusing.
Clarify please.
Dr. Kadus arvind.
On Aug 20, 5:54 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Dr.Kadus,
>   Looks the same to me. Sending some of my photographs for comparison.
>                          Regards,
>                           Neil Soares.
>
> --- On Fri, 8/20/10, arvind kadus <agastiayur...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>
> From: arvind kadus <agastiayur...@yahoo.co.in>
> Subject: [efloraofindia:44998] ID request plant..
> To: indian...@googlegroups.com
> Cc: "Mayur Nandikar" <mayurnandi...@gmail.com>
> Date: Friday, August 20, 2010, 5:59 PM
>
> Hi, All,
> Attaching herewith the shots of clerodendrum sarratum. Which totally differs from preveous pictures. Flowers are not alike.
> Inflorescence may be same. Genus may be same but may be other species?.
> Yet to clarify again..
> Dr. Kadus Arvind.
>
>  Clerodendrum serratum, Blue Fountain Bush 1.jpg
> 113KViewDownload
>
>  Clerodendrum serratum, Blue Fountain Bush 2.jpg
> 98KViewDownload

Neil Soares

unread,
20-Aug-2010, 11:38:15 am20/08/10
to efloraofindia, Dr. Arvind Kadus
Hi Dr.Kadus,
  I seem to be missing something here. Lets wait for some other comments.
                           Regards,
                            Neil Soares.
                            

--- On Fri, 8/20/10, Dr. Arvind Kadus <agasti...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

tanay bose

unread,
20-Aug-2010, 1:52:55 pm20/08/10
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia, Dr. Arvind Kadus
Lovely catch from both thanks for sharing
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant
Department of Botany
University of British Columbia
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036

J.M. Garg

unread,
25-Sept-2010, 5:30:11 am25/09/10
to efloraofindia, Mayur Nandikar, arvind kadus

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

“This may be Clerodendrum serratum (Linnaeus) Moon.” from Mayur ji.



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: arvind kadus <agasti...@yahoo.co.in>
Date: 19 August 2010 16:37
Subject: [efloraofindia:44822] ID request plant..
To: indian...@googlegroups.com





--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
Image Resource of more than a thousand species of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1360 members & 47,000 messages on 10/9/10)

IMG_5021A.JPG
IMG_5022A.JPG
IMG_5025A.JPG

J.M. Garg

unread,
27-Sept-2010, 12:41:44 am27/09/10
to efloraofindia, Mayur Nandikar, arvind kadus, Milind M Sardesai
A reply from Milind ji:
"Clerodendrum serratum(L.) Moon."

Dr. Arvind Kadus

unread,
27-Sept-2010, 11:08:56 am27/09/10
to efloraofindia
Thank You all for ID.
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune.

On Sep 27, 9:41 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A reply from Milind ji:
> "Clerodendrum serratum(L.) Moon."
>
> On 25 September 2010 15:00, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise pl.
>
> > Earlier relevant feedback:
>
> > “This may be Clerodendrum serratum (Linnaeus) Moon.” from Mayur ji.
>
> > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > From: arvind kadus <agastiayur...@yahoo.co.in>
> > Date: 19 August 2010 16:37
> > Subject: [efloraofindia:44822] ID request plant..
> > To: indian...@googlegroups.com
>
> >   Hi, All,
> > This plant is located in Mahabaleshwar-Poladpur ghat,
> > 5-6 ft. plant,
> > Purple coloured flowers.
> > Regards,
> > Dr. Kadus Arvind.Pune.
>
> > --
> > With regards,
> > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > Image Resource of more than a thousand species of Birds, Butterflies,
> > Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
> >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> > For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Efloraofindia:
> >http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1360 members &
> > 47,000 messages on 10/9/10)
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> Image Resource of more than a thousand species of Birds, Butterflies, Plants
> etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1360 members &
> 47,000 messages on 10/9/10)- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
Reply to all
Reply to the author
Forward
0 new messages