442 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 16, 2023, 2:15:55 PM5/16/23
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: bloomed in The HIMALAYAS at Gulmarg Jammu & Kashmir INDIA

Altitude: 8620fsl

Flower date: 12APR2023, 06.25pm

Habitat: wild snowy grassland windy hill

Plant habit: rosette, perennial

Height: 06cm

Leaves:

Flower: lengthy peduncle inflorescence, diameter:03cm, both white and pink, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20230412182424_IMG_9842.JPG
20230412182445_IMG_9844.JPG
20230412182406_IMG_9841.JPG
20230412182438_IMG_9843.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 16, 2023, 2:18:13 PM5/16/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230412182504_IMG_9848.JPG
20230412182458_IMG_9847.JPG
20230412182514_IMG_9849.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 16, 2023, 2:21:37 PM5/16/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20230412182519_IMG_9851.JPG
20230412182523_IMG_9852.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 16, 2023, 2:23:20 PM5/16/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20230412182541_IMG_9853.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 17, 2023, 2:43:32 AM5/17/23
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Beautiful images, Sam ji
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 17, 2023, 3:49:51 AM5/17/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Glad you like them!
Thank you very much dear Garg ji for the lovely words, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

May 17, 2023, 6:15:40 AM5/17/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg
Asteraceae but never seen before . Not recorded in EFI so far I guess !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Message has been deleted

Gurcharan Singh

May 17, 2023, 10:58:14 AM5/17/23
to eFloraofIndia
Aster flaccidus subsp glandulosus

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 17, 2023, 1:25:06 PM5/17/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Gurucharan ji,
I think it is different, please check screenshot provided, left is your flower and right is mine, with kind regards, Sam.
20230517_225146.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

May 19, 2023, 4:47:45 PM5/19/23
to eFloraofIndia
Don't be surprised with this suggestion. Now as I see all your flower heads have a stalk not more than 15 cm long, and none has leaves, all leaves being basal: That leads us to Bellis perennis, commonest species in Kashmir hills. Red tinge seen in one of your pictures in not uncommon.
Message has been deleted

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 21, 2023, 10:39:23 AM5/21/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Gurucharan ji,
Thank you very much for ID my plant and provides a detailed explanation, I have been only one or two minutes experience on all my Kashmir plants.
With kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

May 24, 2023, 6:50:17 AM5/24/23
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 25, 2023, 10:01:09 AM5/25/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Thank you very much dear Garg ji for the ID confirmation of my plant and providing ID link, with kind regards, Sam.