To share 040810 a ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Sep 4, 2010, 11:01:03 AM9/4/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower picture in Avalanche, near Nilgiri,
Date/Time-May 14, 2010 ----8.35 a.m.
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS------ Avalanche, Nilgiri
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-------------Garden
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-----Grass
Height/Length- -----around 1 me
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------as seen in the picture
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- ---- as seen in the picture
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds--
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_0894.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 4, 2010, 2:35:36 PM9/4/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Hemerocallis fulva or may be some other hybrid of Hymerocallis.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

J.M. Garg

Oct 13, 2010, 8:09:31 AM10/13/10
to efloraofindia, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Some earlier relevant feedback:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

IMG_0894.JPG

Farida Abraham

Oct 13, 2010, 8:44:59 AM10/13/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
i think this is commonly called day lily   FA
--
Mrs. F. Abraham.
Principal,

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 13, 2010, 8:58:38 AM10/13/10
to Farida Abraham, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
Yes you are right.
Its called Orange Daylily, Tawny Daylily, Tiger Daylily, Ditch Daylily.
Pankaj