Request for ID: 080310-AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Mar 8, 2010, 12:37:33 AM3/8/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Date/Time : 24th of October, 2008
Location Place : Kodaikanal ... Altitude : 2100 meters ... GPS
Habitat : Wild ... Type : Grass    Plant Habit : Herb ... Height : small plant ... Length
Leaves Type : Long ... Shape :   ... Size
Inflorescence Type :  ... Size
Flowers Size : about 1 cm ... Colour : Brown ... Calyx :  ... Bracts
Fruits Type :  ... Shape :  ... Size :  ... Seeds

Other Info :
Fragrance :  ...  Pollinator :  ...  Uses :

Type of grass along the Kodai lake.
Aarti

DSCN6802.JPG
DSCN6854.JPG

tanay bose

Mar 8, 2010, 1:04:20 AM3/8/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com

Dear Arati ji,
I am not at all good in identifying Poaceae and Cyperaceae members but still I will try. the plant in the attached photo is Scirpus mucronatus (Cyperaceae).
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Aarti S. Khale

Mar 8, 2010, 1:08:33 PM3/8/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Tanay,
Thanks once again.
Aarti

On Mar 8, 10:04 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Arati ji,
> I am not at all good in identifying Poaceae and Cyperaceae members but still

> I will try. the plant in the attached photo is *Scirpus mucronatus*(Cyperaceae).
> Regards
> Tanay
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Aarti S. Khale <aarti.kh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> >   *Date/Time* : 24th of October, 2008
> > *Location Place* : Kodaikanal ... *Altitude* : 2100 meters ... *GPS* :
> > *Habitat* : Wild ... *Type* : Grass    *Plant Habit* : Herb ... *Height *:
> > small plant ... *Length* :
> > *Leaves Type *: Long ... *Shape* :   ... *Size* :
> > *Inflorescence Type* :  ... *Size* :
> > *Flowers Size* : about 1 cm ... *Colour* : Brown ... *Calyx* :  ... *
> > Bracts* :
> > *Fruits Type* :  ... *Shape *:  ... *Size* :  ... *Seeds* :
>
> > *Other Info* :
> > *Fragrance* :  ...  *Pollinator* :  ...  *Uses* :

> > Type of grass along the Kodai lake.
> > Aarti
>
> > --

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
>
> --
> Tanay Bose
> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> 9830439691(Mobile)

> 9674221362 (Mobile)- Hide quoted text -

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2010, 6:58:19 AM3/23/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, grassman, Rani Bhagat, Muthu Karthick, Perumal Ravi Chandran, Aarti S. Khale

Earlier relevant feedback:

“I am not at all good in identifying Poaceae and Cyperaceae members but still I will try. the plant in the attached photo is Scirpus mucronatus (Cyperaceae).
Regards
Tanay”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSCN6802.JPG
DSCN6854.JPG

Muthu Karthick

Mar 23, 2010, 8:30:35 AM3/23/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, grassman, Rani Bhagat, Perumal Ravi Chandran, Aarti S. Khale
Could it be Schoenoplectus sp.?
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 9, 2010, 1:19:37 AM4/9/10
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Muthu Karthick, satish pardeshi
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Muthu ji.........................................Could it be Schoenoplectus sp.?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

May 6, 2010, 8:25:48 AM5/6/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Aarti S. Khale, grassman, Perumal Ravi Chandran
Earlier relevant feedback:
“I am not at all good in identifying Poaceae and Cyperaceae members but still I will try. the plant in the attached photo is Scirpus mucronatus (Cyperaceae).
Regards
Tanay”

"Could it be Schoenoplectus sp.?" from Muthu ji.

May 7, 2010, 10:57:31 PM5/7/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Aarti S. Khale, grassman, Perumal Ravi Chandran
Friends,
 I also think, it is Scirpus mucronatus but i am not very sure. I have the same plant in Satpura Tiger Reserve, i am attaching two pics from my area. Our experts from Cyperaceae may help us in this.
thanks
nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

May 8, 2010, 5:12:05 AM5/8/10
to Nayan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Aarti S. Khale, grassman, Perumal Ravi Chandran
We also used to identify this as Scirpus mucronatus.
Satish
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 5, 2021, 10:43:36 PM7/5/21
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh
Gurcharan Ji, Garg Ji,
One of my very old posts.
Scirpus mucronatus  suggested earlier.
For validation.
Regards,
Aarti

Regards,
Aarti
DSCN6854.JPG
DSCN6802.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 12, 2021, 7:14:42 AM7/12/21
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
May I request you to post high res. images.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 12, 2021, 10:16:38 AM7/12/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Garg Ji,
Here are the originals.
Regards,
Aarti
DSCN6802.JPG
DSCN6854.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 19, 2021, 5:51:59 AM7/19/21
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale

Jul 19, 2021, 9:44:46 PM7/19/21
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Thanks a lot, Prasad ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Jul 20, 2021, 1:20:59 AM7/20/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg Ji,
Thanks to you and Prasad Ji for validating the earlier suggested id.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Jul 21, 2021, 7:42:09 AM7/21/21
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji

Jul 21, 2021, 10:35:41 AM7/21/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg Ji and Manoj Ji,
Thanks for identifying the grass in the background.
Regards,
Aarti