Fruits & Vegetables Week: Holunder-berries; Sambucus (elder or elderberry) 050111 NB

nabha meghani

Jan 5, 2011, 7:52:20 AM1/5/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Fotos taken in Ritterhude in August / Sept. 2009
Sending them, as I remember Prof. Singh ji had sent some Sambucus-fotos from India.

Berries are used to make juice and jam, they are rich on Vitamine C.
Flowers are used to make Bhaji, sending fotos separately.
Regards
Nalini
Holunder-100_4510.JPG
Holunder-100_4511.JPG
Holunder-100_4512.JPG
Holunder-100_4513.JPG

tanay bose

Jan 5, 2011, 9:11:40 AM1/5/11
to nabha meghani, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nice catch  Nabha ji
Thanks for sharing
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 5, 2011, 11:51:39 AM1/5/11
to tanay bose, nabha meghani, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes this one is S. nigra. I had uploaded the herbaceous species S. wightiana, the Himalayan Elder earlier confused with European S. ebulus.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor