Kalatope id September al280911a

12 views
Skip to the first unread message

Alok Mahendroo

unread,
28-Sept-2011, 11:08:44 am28/09/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
Yellows always confuse me since while driving by.. from a distance I
cannot make out the difference...

Location Kalatope, Chamba Himachal
Altitude 2100 mts
Habit herb
Habitat wild
Plant height 30 inches

regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,
P.O. Dalhousie
District Chamba
H.P. 176304, India

www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new=true&id=2186

091711_3644.jpg
091711_3646.jpg
091711_3647.jpg
091711_3648.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
28-Sept-2011, 12:48:47 pm28/09/11
to Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Agrimonia eupatoria ssp. asiatica


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 

Alok

unread,
28-Sept-2011, 1:08:50 pm28/09/11
to efloraofindia
Thank you Gurcharan ji,
So it is same as your Chakrata observation... :)
regards
Alok

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
28-Sept-2011, 1:11:37 pm28/09/11
to Alok, efloraofindia
Yes Alok ji, but your fruit clearly helped me identify your plant.


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 

Balkar Arya

unread,
28-Sept-2011, 8:17:10 pm28/09/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Alok, efloraofindia
Yes Sir same as we saw in Chakrata area
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Ushadi micromini

unread,
28-Sept-2011, 11:27:24 pm28/09/11
to efloraofindia
yes... used in gout..
I particularly like the pic: 091711_3646.jpg
usha di
=======


On Sep 29, 5:17 am, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Sir same as we saw in Chakrata area
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 10:41 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Yes Alok ji, but your fruit clearly helped me identify your plant.
>
> > --
>
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Alok <alokisabe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Thank you Gurcharan ji,
> >> So it is same as your Chakrata observation... :)
> >> regards
> >> Alok
>
> >> Gurcharan Singh wrote:
> >> > Agrimonia eupatoria ssp. asiatica
>
> >> > --
> >> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> >> > Retired  Associate Professor
> >> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> >> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> >> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> >> > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Alok Mahendroo <alokisabe...@gmail.com
> >> >wrote:
>
> >> > > Dear friends,
> >> > > Yellows always confuse me since while driving by.. from a distance I
> >> > > cannot make out the difference...
>
> >> > > Location Kalatope, Chamba Himachal
> >> > > Altitude 2100 mts
> >> > > Habit herb
> >> > > Habitat wild
> >> > > Plant height 30 inches
>
> >> > > regards
> >> > > Alok
> >> > > --
> >> > > Himalayan Village Education Trust
> >> > > Village Khudgot,
> >> > > P.O. Dalhousie
> >> > > District Chamba
> >> > > H.P. 176304, India
>
> >> > >www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
> >> > >www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
>
> >>http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new...

amit chauhan

unread,
29-Sept-2011, 2:51:29 am29/09/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Sir,

How we differentiate between the two species Agrimonia pilosa and A. eupatoria

regards


--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Research Centre,
Pantnagar, PO Dairy Farm Nagla, Pantnagar, Udham Singh Nagar,
Uttarakhand 263149
ph.05944 234445
mob.+919412161087
mail: amit...@gmail.com
amit...@rediffmail.com
amit.c...@cimap.res.in

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
29-Sept-2011, 3:56:17 am29/09/11
to amit chauhan, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Here it is Amit ji, fruits are the easiest identification


Agrimonia eupatoria                                                          Agrimonia pilosa

Stipules semiorbicular, herbaceous,                                                Stipules falcate, rarely ovate or ovate-lanceolate,
margin coarsely acutely serrate or lobed
                                                                                                                 
Flowers 12–13 mm in diam                                                                 Flowers 6-9 mm in diam

Fruiting hypanthium 8–10 × ca. 5 mm                                               Fruiting hypanthium 7–8 × 3–4 mm 
including prickles , outer prickles recurved,                                     including prickles, prickles erect when
innermost ones spreading.                                                                 young, connivent when old



-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 
.
Reply to all
Reply to the author
Forward
0 new messages