Creepers

Ramjee Nagarajan

Nov 9, 2009, 6:48:05 AM11/9/09
to indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com

Dear Friends,

Vanakkam! Greetings from Chennai.

I recently had a chance to visit a reserve forest (Nanmangalam) in Chennai. I was amazed to see a good number of interesting insects fluttering around. It is a dry shrub jungle, with few interesting wildlife.

We found these bright yellowish orange coloured creepers spreading over small shrubs during the trail.

Would be grateful for any info shared on this.

Creeper

Would love to learn the id.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ramjee

image002.jpg

Kenneth Greby

Nov 9, 2009, 7:33:10 AM11/9/09
to Ramjee Nagarajan, indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Ramjee--

 This is likely a Cuscuta species (Dodder). It is parasitic on surrounding vegetation.

Regards--
Ken Greby
South Florida, USA

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FCuscuta&rct=j&q=Cuscuta+&ei=ZAv4SsLDOZPT8Qb_19jzCQ&usg=AFQjCNGRKU38Krf0GwrnxKzyDrG6AEzKtg&sig2=XnmHnk5oQQUhBYVxdb0-DQ

--
Think about the Environment before printing this e-mail! ü