For Id

Dilip Pandit

Dec 1, 2008, 11:30:27 PM12/1/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Kindly id the flowers and the bush. In Arunachal Pradesh. Pasighat
--
Dilip Pandit
DSC00550.JPG

Mahadeswara Swamy

Dec 2, 2008, 1:36:31 AM12/2/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Dilip Pandit
It is Holmskioldia sanguinea. Chinese Hat Plant, Cup and Saucer Plant, Parasol Flower. Named for Theodor Holmskiold, an 18th Danish physician and professor, Holmskioldia ... Please check the morphological features and get confirmed.
Dr. Mahadeswara swamy

--- On Tue, 2/12/08, Dilip Pandit <dspa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Get perfect Email ID for your Resume. Grab now http://in.promos.yahoo.com/address

Dilip Pandit

Dec 2, 2008, 2:13:06 AM12/2/08
to swamy...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the mail. Chinese hat plant has orange coloured flowers. This has bright yellow flowers. And even the shape of flowers is different.

I am still not certain. any help would be appreciated.

Dilip Pandit

J.M. Garg

Dec 2, 2008, 2:44:36 AM12/2/08
to Dilip Pandit, indian...@googlegroups.com
Replies from Mahadeswara ji in a seperate mail:
"It is Holmskioldia sanguinea. Chinese Hat Plant, Cup and Saucer Plant, Parasol Flower. Named for Theodor Holmskiold, an 18th Danish physician and professor, Holmskioldia ...  Please check the morphological features and get confirmed.
Dr. Mahadeswara swamy"

Here is a reply from  Dilip ji:
"Thanks for the mail. Chinese hat plant has orange coloured flowers. This has bright yellow flowers. And even the shape of flowers is different.

I am still not certain. any help would be appreciated."

J.M. Garg

Dec 2, 2008, 2:58:12 AM12/2/08
to Dilip Pandit, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Dilip ji,
See the link, which states that there are also yellow- and bronze-flowered forms: http://www.toptropicals.com/cgi-bin/garden_catalog/cat.cgi?uid=holmskioldia_sanguinea%20 (lots of pictures). I don't think shape of flower is any different. See the picture of Yellow coloured forms: http://www.toptropicals.com/pics/garden/05/5/5789.jpg, http://crowleynursery.net/holmskioldia%20sanguinea%20yellow190.jpg, http://www.caldwellhort.com/graphics/collector-images/Holmskioldia-sanguinea-Yellow-200sq.jpg, http://www.hear.org/starr/plants/images/species/?q=holmskioldia+sanguinea (lots of pictures including Yellow coloured forms)

Other links for Holmskioldia sanguinea (Chinese Hat Plant, Cup and Saucer Plant, Parasol Flower): http://floridagardener.com/pom/holmskioldias.htm

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Dilip Pandit <dspa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Kindly id the flowers and the bush. In Arunachal Pradesh. Pasighat
--
Dilip Pandit

With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"

Mahadeswara Swamy

Dec 2, 2008, 6:38:04 AM12/2/08
to Dilip Pandit, indian...@googlegroups.com
I have seen bright yellow coloured chinese hat plants. I have also seen orange cooloured ones. Better you check all the morphological characters and also refer to some encyclopedia of flowering plants. Many times the photographs are deceptive and one should not come to conclusion based a a photograph.
All the best.

J.M. Garg

Dec 2, 2008, 6:51:36 AM12/2/08
to Dilip Pandit, indian...@googlegroups.com
Reply from Mahadeswara ji in a seperate mail against Dilip ji's reply earlier: