Feb2015sk19/39Hooghly : Baliospermum solanifolium (Burm.) Suresh / (Baliospermum axillare Blume)

surajit koley

Feb 24, 2015, 10:43:09 AM2/24/15
to efloraofindia
P1140365.jpg
P1140367.jpg
P1140368.jpg
P1140369.jpg
P1140371.jpg
P1140372.jpg
P1140374.jpg
P1140379.jpg
P1140387.jpg
P1140389.jpg
P1140390.jpg
P1140407.jpg
P1140387.jpg
P1140409.jpg
P1140412.jpg
P1140416.jpg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Feb 25, 2015, 4:36:55 AM2/25/15
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Thank you for showing the range of variation.

surajit koley

Feb 25, 2015, 9:17:19 AM2/25/15
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Sir,

It is surprising that Sir Prain gave its distribution in "Chota Nagpur; Behar; Tirhut; N. Bengal; Chittagong", not in our area. But there is a small community in a bamboo thicket near Dankuni.

Thank you very much for confirming.

Regards

surajit

Tapas Chakrabarty

Feb 25, 2015, 12:02:12 PM2/25/15
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Dear Surajit,
It is a widespread species.  I have seen specimens from South Bengal.
With best wishes,
TC.

surajit koley

Feb 25, 2015, 12:22:46 PM2/25/15
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Sir,

Once I thought I have covered most of the wild flowering plant species found in Hooghly, but now I am thinking that there must be more surprises awaiting for me to unfold in future.

Thank you very much again.

Regards

surajit

Ushadi Micromini

Feb 25, 2015, 5:58:11 PM2/25/15
to surajit koley, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
when did prain write and publish the book?

--
Usha di
===========

surajit koley

Feb 25, 2015, 8:47:28 PM2/25/15
to Ushadi Micromini, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Didi,
'Bengal Plants' was published in 1903.
Thank you
Regards
surajit

Tapas Chakrabarty

Feb 26, 2015, 2:39:53 AM2/26/15
to surajit koley, Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
The plant is, however, rare in South Bengal.

surajit koley

Feb 26, 2015, 9:57:44 AM2/26/15
to Tapas Chakrabarty, Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Sir,
It is sad that this is the time when dry leaves and other dried weeds in bamboo thickets are burned to clear the places, and perhaps serve as manure. I have already seen patches of burned portion in that thicket. Since this is an annual practice I hope they will survive this year too.
Also, Sir, I have noticed that once common Croton bonplandianus Baill is now uncommon in our area!

Thank you
Regards
surajit