Pseudobombax ellipticum (H.B.& K.) Dugand

Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Feb 17, 2010, 5:11:50 AM2/17/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
A large deciduous tree with greyish smooth bark, digitate leaves, broadly elliptic leaflets. Flowers solitary on terminal branches, 20 cm long, stamens numerous purple or white (hence the name Shaving Brush tree). Originates from Mexico. Does not set fruit in Pune. How to propogate this beautiful tree?

Shrikant Ingalhalikar
12 Varshanand Society
Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
Pune 411 051. www.idsahyadri.com
Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
Pseudobombax_ellipticum.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 17, 2010, 10:15:14 AM2/17/10
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indian...@googlegroups.com
I am uploading mine separately

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2010, 6:56:48 AM3/10/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Gurcharan Singh

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter pl.

".... How to propogate this beautiful tree?
Shrikant Ingalhalikar"

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Pseudobombax_ellipticum.jpg

Kenneth Greby

Mar 10, 2010, 7:39:53 PM3/10/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Gurcharan Singh
Though I have not attempted personally, I have it on good authority that P. ellipticum, at least the pink form, strikes easily from cuttings. White form should behave similarly. If not, it can be grafted on most other tree-type, similar Malvaceae, including Pachira.

Regards--
Ken Greby.