ID Request 210411SP03

sheetal chaudhari

Apr 21, 2011, 12:31:45 AM4/21/11
to efloraofindia
Clicked at Yeoor hill, SGNP

Regards,
Sheetal Pachpande

grass1.jpg
grass 2.jpg
grass 3.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 21, 2011, 12:42:51 AM4/21/11
to sheetal....@gmail.com, efloraofindia
Hi Sheetal Ji,
The photos are not very clear but looks like Cyperus rotundus
but I can be wrong.

Regards
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Rohit Patel

Apr 21, 2011, 12:46:37 AM4/21/11
to tanay bose, sheetal....@gmail.com, efloraofindia
may be species of Cyperus but not C. rotundus

rohit

--
ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
Asst. Project cordinator

sheetal chaudhari

Apr 21, 2011, 1:03:33 AM4/21/11
to Rohit Patel, tanay bose, efloraofindia
I found it too small for C. rotundus. It is hardly 6 to 8 cm long

Sheetal Pachpande

Satish Chile

Apr 21, 2011, 1:33:37 AM4/21/11
to sheetal....@gmail.com, Rohit Patel, tanay bose, efloraofindia
Any possibility of SCIRPUS sp.

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2011, 8:25:25 AM8/9/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, tanay bose, Rohit Patel, chile...@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“The photos are not very clear but looks like Cyperus rotundus
but I can be wrong.
Regards
Tanay”

“may be species of Cyperus but not C. rotundus

rohit”

“I found it too small for C. rotundus. It is hardly 6 to 8 cm long

Sheetal Pachpande”

"Any possibility of SCIRPUS sp." from Chile ji.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

grass1.jpg
grass 2.jpg
grass 3.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 10, 2011, 1:28:02 AM8/10/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, tanay bose, Rohit Patel, chile...@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari
A reply:
"NO IDEA BUT NOT C. ROTUNDUS

DR. P. RAVICHANDRAN"

J.M. Garg

Aug 11, 2011, 6:36:46 AM8/11/11
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, tanay bose, Rohit Patel, chile...@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari
A reply:
"Photos are not clear If Possible please send better photographs.
but it looks like a Fimbristylis bissumbilata.
--
Dr. Tanveer A. Khan
Dept. of Botany