Rungia crenata or some other species?

J.M. Garg

Dec 13, 2008, 11:36:55 AM12/13/08
to indiantreepix
In Kawal Wildlife Sanctuary, AP on 8/11/08.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Rungia crenata in Kawal WS, AP I2 IMG_1723.jpg
Rungia crenata in Kawal WS, AP I IMG_1723.jpg
Rungia crenata in Kawal WS, AP I IMG_1725.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 14, 2008, 5:04:25 AM12/14/08
to indiantreepix
On further checking earlier discussions on Indiantree, it appears like Rungia parviflora (syn. R. pectinata). Pl. confirm.
From Indiantreepix Database:
Rungia parviflora (syn. R. pectinata)  Acanthaceae Karnagar, Dist. Midnapore, West Bengal: 21/12/2007- Debasish ji. Very tiny blue flowers from Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai- 17/2/08- Kiran ji.

Rungia pectinata on Flickr - Photo Sharing! PLANT FOR IDENTIFICATION -62 - indiantreepix | Google Groups Tinier blue flowers - indiantreepix | Google Groups

Dinesh Valke

Dec 15, 2008, 8:39:48 AM12/15/08
to indiantreepix
Garg ji, I too believe this plant to be R. pectinata
(most probably this is the current name; reference: Further Flowers of
Sahyadri by Shrikant Ingalhalikar; R. parviflora considered as its
synonym).

Regards,
Dinesh.