Wild Flower for ID-250909-RK

ranjini kamath

Sep 25, 2009, 10:03:10 AM9/25/09
to indiatreepix
Request Bot ID of this Wild Flower-Bannarghatta Forest-17-09-09
Thank you
Ranjini Kamath
IMG_5528-ph-1-x.JPG

ranjini kamath

Sep 26, 2009, 11:15:04 AM9/26/09
to indiatreepix
Is this Justicia procumbens?It resembles the pic in flowersofindia
tho' the leaves seem different.Thanks
Ranjini Kamath
IMG_5528-ph-1-x.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2009, 7:06:13 AM10/24/09
to indiantreepix, ranjini kamath, satish pardeshi, Dinesh Valke, Tabish, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Rajesh Sachdev

Earlier relevant feedback:

"Is this Justicia procumbens? It resembles the pic in flowersofindia

tho' the leaves seem different.Thanks
                         Ranjini Kamath"

"Ranjini ji, I too think the leaves are different ... these are slightly fleshier as well as hairy.
Will wait for comments." from Dinesh ji.

"Hello all
it is some Rostellularia sps.
more close to R. glauca  !!!!?
regards
Satish Pardeshi"

"Hello Satish ji    You are right about Rostellularia. Looked up
flowersofindia & the pic conforms to R.crinita-syn. Justicia micrantha
or Small flowered Justicia.Thank you for helping with ID.
Regards
              Ranjini Kamath"

I am writing a spread thread for discussion on Justicia procumbens vs R.crinita-syn. Justicia micrantha in view of such plants identified earlier as Justicia procumbens.

J.M. Garg

Oct 26, 2009, 12:45:32 AM10/26/09
to indiantreepix, ranjini kamath, satish pardeshi, Dinesh Valke, Tabish, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Rajesh Sachdev
I think it has to be Justicia procumbens in view of discussion in the thread:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/b602090f3d0c87ba/985b2dcb993135a1?lnk=gst&q=Justicia+procumbens+vs+Rostellularia+crinata+syn.+Justicia+micrantha#985b2dcb993135a1

2009/10/24 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)