Capparis divaricata

satish phadke

Mar 20, 2009, 12:00:29 PM3/20/09
to indiantreepix Indian
I had been to Morgaon Ganapati Mandir last weekend.(One of the famous Ashtavinayakas in Maharashtra near Baramati)
Interestingly I saw Capparis divaricata flowering inside the Temple area adjacent to the main temple wall on one side. There was a label Kalpavriksha beneath it. By curiosity I asked the temple authorities about its name initially they juat said Kalpavriksha but later stated it as TARATI but could not give any axplanation why it is called as Kalpavriksha and said that no similar tree exists near by but such trees could be located in Pandharpur.??Unfortunatelu I had kept my camera in the car as it is generelly not allowed in Temple complexes.
If anybody happens to be there please look for it.
I had earlier posted the picture of Capparis divaricata
Resending it
Satish

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com