Re: Impatiens devendrae Pusalkar ??

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 23, 2021, 8:13:41 AM10/23/21
to Wojciech Adamowski
I shall do that.
Thank you Dr. Adamnowski!

Saroj Kasaju

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 5:51 PM Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
General sources are sometimes deadly wrong...
Check this: Hooker J.D. 1881. Impatiens amphorata. Curtis’s Botanical Magazine 107, tab. 6550 on www.botanicus org.
There is old illustration almost ideally matching your plant.
Check also newest paper: Akiyama S. 2021. Impatiens (Balsaminaceae) of Nepal (1) An Identification Key and Taxonomy of the Species of Sections Uniflorae, Fasciculatae and Axilliflorae. Bulletin of the National Museum of Nature and Science. Series B, Botany 47(2): 79-101.
It is freely available now.
True I. bicolor has bicolored, yellow and rosa flowers.
Best regards       Wojciech Adamowski

W sobota, 23 października 2021, 13:57:04 CEST, Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> napisał(-a):

Thank you Dr. Adamowski.
All links say it is syn. of I. bicolor but it does not look like matching.

Saroj Kasaju

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 2:48 PM Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. Kasaju,
your plant looks like plants named I. devendrae in efloraofindia portal. Lower sepal seem less inflated than in original description by Pusalkar, but I saw pictures of plants with less or more inflated lower sepal, almost completely white or completely rosa, even yellow flowers, with strong or weak markings, as well as curved or spiralled spur.
In Flora of Uttarakhand Pusalkar wrote about variability of this group, describing plants with smaller white and unmarked flowers. This way decision where I. devendrae/amphorata starts and where it ends need more studies in field.
However, compare old illustration on plantillustrations portal under name Impatiens amphorata. Also Dr. Shinobu Akiyama in her newest paper do not mention I. devendrae, but mention I. amphorata. Here I. amphorata is only mentioned in key.
Full description will be published later and then we will be able to see what she includes into I. amphorata.
Best regards        Wojciech Adamowski

W niedziela, 3 października 2021, 15:13:14 CEST, Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> napisał(-a):

Dear Dr. Adamowski,

Request for your kind opinion on this sp.
West Nepal at 2500m in August.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 30, 2021, 5:35:18 AM10/30/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Hi, Saroj ji,
I am not able to connect as to which post this is linked to.
Pl. clarify.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 30, 2021, 6:32:47 AM10/30/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Thanks, Saroj ji

On Sat, 30 Oct 2021 at 15:28, Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. Garg,
This is regarding my personal mail to him !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Nov 7, 2021, 9:52:36 AM11/7/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
What about the images you have sent to him as per text below?:
'Request for your kind opinion on this sp.
West Nepal at 2500m in August.
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju"

Pl. also forward those images.