Erodium cicutarium from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 2, 2010, 12:10:39 AM8/2/10
to efloraofindia
Erodium cicutarium from Kashmir, very common weed in cultivated fields, wastelands, meadows and roadsides. Photographed from Pampore and Pahalgar on June 20, 2010.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Erodium-cicutarium-Kashmir-a.jpg
Erodium-cicutarium-Kashmir-b.jpg
Erodium-cicutarium-Kashmir-c.jpg

tanay bose

Aug 2, 2010, 12:43:59 AM8/2/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
This plant is commonly known as Stork's bill buy I don't know why? I find no resemblance!!

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 2, 2010, 12:54:46 AM8/2/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia
Tanay, the fruit has a long bird-like beak.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089