Flora of Chakrata 2013- Goodyera repens for validaion.

Nidhan Singh

Aug 19, 2013, 11:42:22 AM8/19/13
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

This small terrestrial orchid with variegated leaves and white flowers was found from the area in our recent visit...I think this can be Goodyera repens...please correct me if required..
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Goodyera repens (1).JPG
Goodyera repens (2).JPG
Goodyera repens (3).JPG
Goodyera repens (4).JPG

Satish Phadke

Aug 19, 2013, 1:07:57 PM8/19/13
to Nidhan Singh, indiantreepix
Very good find again!

Dr Satish Phadke

Nidhan Singh

Aug 19, 2013, 9:10:57 PM8/19/13
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thanks for liking Satish Ji..this was the tour with maximum output for me with regard to orchids..

D.S Rawat

Aug 19, 2013, 10:53:39 PM8/19/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is G.repens.
DSRawat Pantnagar

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 27, 2021, 5:57:23 AM9/27/21
to efloraofindia
This is Goodyera marginata.
G. marginata will have proper white band along the mid rib of leaves for an easy id. But there are other features too.
Follow this: Liu, Y.W., X.X. Zhou, A. Schuiteman, P. Kumar, J. Hermans, S.W. Chung & H.Z. Tian. 2019. Taxonomic notes on Goodyera (Goodyerinae, Cranichideae, Orchidoideae, Orchidaceae) in China and an addition to orchid flora of Vietnam. Phytotaxa 395 (1): 027–034; https://doi.org/10.11646/phytotaxa.395.1.3
Pankaj

Nidhan Singh

Sep 29, 2021, 8:11:10 AM9/29/21
to indiantreepix
Thank you very much Pankaj Ji for this updated information..