Caesalpinia decapetala

satish phadke

Jan 9, 2009, 10:57:38 AM1/9/09
to indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
I think this is Caesalpinia decapetala from Caesalpiniaceae family.
Shrubby climber. Common thorny hedge plant.
Photos taken on the outskirts of Pune city(Maharashtra)Near Khed Shivapur.
Initially I thought it to be Caesalpinia bonduc.but later on I took out the seeds from the pod (which is also very similar)and confirming from the books it appears to be Caesalpinia decapetala.
Satish
--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
Caesalpinia decapetala1 .jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jan 9, 2009, 11:06:03 AM1/9/09
to satish phadke, indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
... I too vote for Caesalpinia decapetala ...
Regards.