Victoria amazonica (Gaint Amazon Water Lily)- World's greatest Lily

J.M. Garg

Aug 6, 2007, 8:40:50 AM8/6/07
to indiantreepix
 It is said that it's leave can take the weight of a well-balanced adult with their size going upto 3 meter in diameter. All pictures taken at Botanical Garden, Kolkata- of the flower bud in Sept.2005 & flower in Nov.2005 ( size going upto 12") .

For very interesting information, please click on the following links:
http://www.hortus.leidenuniv.nl/english/index.php3?c=21
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For learning about our trees & plants, please visit http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
Gaint Lily Flower I IMG_5778.jpg
Gaint Lily with flower bud I IMG_2607.jpg
Gaint Lily young Leaf IMG_5428.jpg
Lilyscape with Bronze-winged Jacana I IMG_9176.jpg
Young Leaf I IMG_9193.jpg

Debasish Joardar

Aug 6, 2007, 11:42:03 AM8/6/07
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Garg,

Excellent photographs.

Attaching two more photographs taken on 05/08/2007.

Thanks,

Debasish Joardar

5, 50, 500, 5000. Store N number of mails in your inbox. Click here.

1.JPG
2.jpg