Tree for Id- 041109JM2

J.M. Garg

Nov 3, 2009, 10:25:49 PM11/3/09
to indiantreepix

On 11/10/09 in Ananthagiri HIll forest in Rangareddy district of Andhra Pradesh.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

For Id Tree I IMG_2868.jpg
For Id Tree I IMG_2869.jpg

Nayan Singh

Nov 3, 2009, 10:51:54 PM11/3/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Dear Garg ji,
please confirm wether the fruits belong to same plant or to some other climber.
thanks
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Nov 3, 2009, 11:37:37 PM11/3/09
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks, Nayan ji for pointing out.
I took photos thinking both being of the same tree.
But now seeing the original pictures, I am having doubts.
I think fruits may be belonging to some other climber.

Vijayasankar Raman

Nov 4, 2009, 12:36:32 AM11/4/09
to J.M. Garg, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear Garg ji & Nayan ji,

I think both of them belong to same species, probably Pavetta tomentosa.

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore

J.M. Garg

Nov 4, 2009, 1:45:51 AM11/4/09
to Vijayasankar Raman, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 4, 2009, 5:53:09 AM11/4/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Dear Garg Ji,

I think the first picture (IMG_2868.jpg) represents Pavetta tomentosa as identified by Dr Vijayasankar and  the second one represents Hymenodictyon sp.

Santhosh

2009/11/4 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

J.M. Garg

Nov 5, 2009, 1:20:50 PM11/5/09
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, indiantreepix, Vijayasankar Raman, Dinesh Valke, geeta arun, rashida atthar, Prashant awale
Thanks, Santhosh ji,
Can it be a small plant of tree Hymenodictyon orixense Wall. (syn. H. excelsum, Cinchona excelsa) as per Forest Folra of A.P.?
http://forest.ap.nic.in/Forest%20Flora%20of%20Andhra%20Pradesh/Flora%20by%20M%20Sharfuddin%20Khan/Botanical%20Names/Hymenodictyon%20excelsum.htm

2009/11/4 Dr Santhosh Kumar <drsanth...@gmail.com>

--
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 6, 2009, 3:29:40 AM11/6/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Vijayasankar Raman, Dinesh Valke, geeta arun, rashida atthar, Prashant awale
Garg Ji,

I think this represents a small plant of Hymenodictyon orixense

Santhosh

Dinesh Valke

Nov 6, 2009, 6:54:08 AM11/6/09
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Vijayasankar Raman, geeta arun, rashida atthar, Prashant awale, Neil Soares
... me too think so, Garg ji, about the plant to be H. orixense, at least leaves speak so.
Regards.