Commeninales and Zingiberales week : Zingiberales-Strelitziaceae-Ravenala madagascariensis

Rashida Atthar

Feb 8, 2011, 12:41:29 AM2/8/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Here the lone species of Strelitziaceae- traveller's tree  from Aarey road, Mumbai. Are the fan like heads the flowers?

regards,
Rashida.
Ravenala Madagascarensis Sonner.jpg
Ravenala madagascarensis 2.JPG
Ravenala madagascarensis at Aarey Rd..JPG

Madhuri Pejaver

Feb 8, 2011, 3:20:31 AM2/8/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Rashida Atthar
Some one on the group had written abou 6 months back, that when the inflorence of this plant opens some blue cotten is seen at the base. I tried to see it evertime when i saw the infloresence of travelers palm, icould not see it.
Now in Rashidajisphotos also I am unable to see it. Is it species variation?
Experts pl explain
Thanks
Madhuri

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 8, 2011, 8:04:14 AM2/8/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, indian...@googlegroups.com, Rashida Atthar
Here are mine from Delhi, growing in our College Botanical Garden

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose