North Bengal Flowers - ID request - 2

Sushmita Jha

Oct 29, 2008, 10:57:41 AM10/29/08
to indiantreepix
Hello,

Here is the second instalment for identification.

Thank you.
Sushmita Jha
Flower2.jpg
Flower7.jpg
Flower9.jpg

DEBASISH JOARDAR

Oct 29, 2008, 4:36:22 PM10/29/08
to indiantreepix
Hi,

The third one (Flower9) looks like Impatiens urticifolia.
Family: Balsaminaceae ( Balsam Family).

One point I would like to suggest that while taking pictures of an
unidentified plant, we should concentrate not only in flowers, but
also its leaves, arrangement of leaves or any other special character
which may help us to identify them later.

With regards,

Debasish Joardar.
>  Flower2.jpg
> 130KViewDownload
>
>  Flower7.jpg
> 88KViewDownload
>
>  Flower9.jpg
> 89KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Oct 30, 2008, 11:04:49 PM10/30/08
to DEBASISH JOARDAR, indiantreepix

J.M. Garg

Nov 5, 2008, 9:50:30 PM11/5/08
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again as first two images remain unidentified.

Flower2.jpg
Flower7.jpg
Flower9.jpg

Kenneth Greby

Nov 6, 2008, 9:34:21 AM11/6/08
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
Greetings--

 Flower2 appears to possibly be some sort of Crotalaria species, though I am not familiar with your local species. Best of luck.

Regards--
Ken Greby
Palmetto Bay, FL USA

sibda...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2008, 11:15:21 AM11/6/08
to indiantreepix
The first one seems to be a Crotolaria, and the third one an Impatiens

On Nov 6, 7:34 pm, Kenneth Greby <fstf...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Greetings--
>
>  Flower2 appears to possibly be some sort of Crotalaria species, though I am not familiar with your local species. Best of luck.
>
> Regards--
> Ken Greby
> Palmetto Bay, FL USA

sweedle cerejo

Nov 10, 2008, 1:02:30 AM11/10/08
to sibda...@gmail.com, indiantreepix
Hello All!

            Flower 7 belongs to Asteraceae family... It looks like Elephantopus sp.

Regards,
Sweedle

J.M. Garg

Nov 11, 2008, 10:30:45 AM11/11/08
to sweedle cerejo, sibda...@gmail.com, indiantreepix
Thanks, Sweedle ji,
It certainly look like Elephantopus sp., see the link: http://www.missouriplants.com/Bluealt/Elephantopus_carolinianus_page.html
See also my attached pictures of Elephantopus scaber- I hope my Id is correct. From Indiantreepix Database:
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

JM Garg

Mar 7, 2016, 1:40:16 AM3/7/16
to efloraofindia, Sushmita Jha, Madhuri Raut
Flower9.jpg identified as Impatiens stenantha in another thread.
Flower9.jpg

Sushmita Jha

Mar 7, 2016, 2:30:02 AM3/7/16
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, Madhuri Raut
Thank you all!
Sushmita

Sushmita Jha

JM Garg

Feb 26, 2017, 10:33:59 AM2/26/17
to efloraofindia, Sushmita Jha

On Wednesday, 29 October 2008 20:27:41 UTC+5:30, Sushmita Jha wrote:
Flower2.jpg