Fwd: Hi sir Images of Senna surattensis.

dr.rakesh Singh

Nov 11, 2019, 9:09:29 AM11/11/19
to efloraofindia, J. M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, Dinesh Valke
A genuine case of Senna surattensis , I think ! Please give your opinion .

to efloraofindia, J. M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, Dinesh Valke
From Chalisgaon , Maharashtra . Shot on 10 11 2019

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Nov 11, 2019, 10:08:10 AM11/11/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, Dinesh Valke
I too accepted with S. surattensis,
With regards.

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 11, 2019, 10:42:06 AM11/11/19
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke
Beautiful post !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Mahadeswara

Nov 11, 2019, 10:44:53 PM11/11/19
to efloraofindia
Excellent presentation. Awesome photographs !

ushadi

Nov 13, 2019, 7:40:43 PM11/13/19
to efloraofindia
very nicely done
I like the added effort spent in demonstrating the leaflet features
diagnostic to the T

Regards
Ushadi

dr.rakesh Singh

Nov 14, 2019, 12:27:35 AM11/14/19
to efloraofindia
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topicsearchin/indiantreepix/group$3Aindiantreepix$20AND$20Senna$20AND$20sulfurea/indiantreepix/J1oMl3KjS18
In the post quoted above , Guruji had said
''  I wonder if we really have true Senna surattensis in India. I would be happy if some one uploads one. ''
This statement lingered in subconscious .
When I saw the fb post by  Dilipkumar ji , number of leaflet pairs immediately triggered that memory ...it was an eureka moment !!
I requested Dilipkumar ji and he obliged , mailed his images to me and I promptly forwarded it to group .
 ( Sadly ,though the name of species  derives from Surat ,  no tree I have seen yet in Surat or outskirts . )
Following link was very helpful in convincing people on fb  about ID of this tree .

J.M. Garg

Nov 30, 2019, 7:06:28 AM11/30/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Rakesh ji, for finally solving the mystery.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

ushadi

Nov 30, 2019, 10:23:32 AM11/30/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, GurcharanSingh
i love the detailed photography and
with added thoughtfulness to show the Glands only present on rachis between leaflets, the lowest 4 ones ,
leaflets  can be 3-9 pairs

we have had a lot of discussions
but the ultimate crux is this presence of glands  and their position

Thank you , Rakesh
Regards
Ushadi

Dinesh Valke

Nov 30, 2019, 10:29:01 AM11/30/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, GurcharanSingh
Thanks very much Rakesh ji for sorting the characteristics of this plant.
Photo-illustration is a great help to many !!
Regards.
Dinesh