Copper pod

1 view

sibdas ghosh

Apr 30, 2009, 11:31:41 AM4/30/09
to indiantreepix
Peltophorum ferrugineum- and a sunbird .Also called copper pod for the
copper coloured pods which remains for a very long time attached to
the trees. Often called Radhachura ( erroneoisly) in Bengal.
100_1053.jpg
100_1055.jpg
100_1056.jpg

Rakesh Biswas

May 8, 2009, 11:07:33 PM5/8/09
to sibdas ghosh, indiantreepix
I had a query:

What does Krishnachura in Bengali represent?

Caeselpinia Pulcherima or Delonix Regia (gulmohar)?

If Radhachura represents peltophorum ferrugineum erroneously then what is its correct representation?

rakesh

J.M. Garg

May 9, 2009, 4:38:05 AM5/9/09
to Rakesh Biswas, sibdas ghosh, indiantreepix
Hi, Rakesh ji,
Caesalpinia pulcherrima.

2009/5/9 Rakesh Biswas <rakesh...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Anand Kumar Bhatt

May 14, 2009, 6:06:25 AM5/14/09
to J.M. Garg, Rakesh Biswas, sibdas ghosh, indiantreepix
In Hindi-speaking areas the yellow flowered caesalpinia pulcherrima is known as Radhachuda and the red-orange-yellow one is known as Krishnachuda. I dont know AND i STAND CORRECTED, but I thought that peltophorum is not native to this part of the country.
akbhatt
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road