Prosopis juliflora from Delhi and Gurgaon

1 view
Skip to the first unread message

Gurcharan Singh

31-Jan-2011, 1:25:41 am31/01/11
to efloraofindia
Prosopis from Delhi and Gurgaon. Shrub to medium sized tree with denser foliage, spines longer, stronger and paired in leaf axils, inflorescence thick, dense cream to pale yellow in colour with greenish tinge, fruit flattened, curved. Galls not seen.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Prosopis-juliflora-Gurgaon-Delhi-1.jpg
Prosopis-juliflora-Gurgaon-Delhi-2.jpg
Prosopis-juliflora-Ridge-Delhi-4.jpg
Prosopis-juliflora-vikas-puri-Delhi-3.jpg

ajinkya gadave

31-Jan-2011, 3:26:05 am31/01/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
nice pictures gurcharan jee .very rare to see in pune city can u collect some pods for me ?
thank you very much
ajinkya

Gurcharan Singh

31-Jan-2011, 3:57:25 am31/01/11
to ajinkya gadave, efloraofindia
Sure Ajinkya ji, I will when I find fruits

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

31-Jan-2011, 8:46:51 am31/01/11
to Gurcharan Singh, ajinkya gadave, efloraofindia
I think this is native to Africa?
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

31-Jan-2011, 10:36:48 am31/01/11
to tanay bose, ajinkya gadave, efloraofindia
Yes Tanay

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Muthu Karthick

01-Feb-2011, 1:18:37 am01/02/11
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, ajinkya gadave, efloraofindia
Is this not native plant of Mexico?
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow