MS May,2017/01 Ficus sp. for ID

M Sawmliana

Apr 30, 2017, 11:17:10 PM4/30/17
Date : 30-04-2013

May 1, 2017, 12:33:46 AM5/1/17

May 1, 2017, 10:03:00 PM5/1/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Thanks, SUDHAKAR ji

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "JV SUDHAKAR" <>
Date: 2 May 2017 7:07 a.m.
Subject: Re: Fwd: [efloraofindia:268066] MS May,2017/01 Ficus sp. for ID
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

Sir, photos are identified as Ficus racemosa L.

girish kumar ellezhuthil

May 2, 2017, 5:41:16 AM5/2/17
to efloraofindia
It appears like Ficus racemosa....

J.M. Garg

May 2, 2017, 8:59:07 AM5/2/17
to girish kumar ellezhuthil, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Thanks, Girish ji

J.M. Garg

May 13, 2017, 2:28:37 AM5/13/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
May 13, 2017, 4:28:11 AM5/13/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Thanks a lot, Sudhakar ji.

From: M Sawmliana <msawm...@gmail.com>
Date: 1 May 2017 at 08:47

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 14, 2017, 3:23:32 AM5/14/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Thanks, Varun ji.

May 14, 2017, 4:12:20 AM5/14/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
May 15, 2017, 1:15:20 AM5/15/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Thanks, Varun ji.

May 15, 2017, 1:16:56 AM5/15/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana

Thanks, Sir. Herbarium specimen of this tree was also identified as Ficus variegata at BSI, Shillong.- from Sawmliana ji.

J.M. Garg

May 15, 2017, 3:01:21 AM5/15/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
May 16, 2017, 5:01:51 AM5/16/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
May 16, 2017, 9:17:56 AM5/16/17
to efloraofindia
Jun 1, 2017, 2:07:53 AM6/1/17
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
A reply from another thread:
"Going through both posts by Sawmliana ji non of both are either Ficus racemosa or Ficus auriculata.
With so much variation in leaf morphology images in both posts should be of Ficus variegata.
The reason is, though figs resemble to F. racemosa but inflorescence pattern, white spots on figs and leaf shape (leaf blade base rounded to shallowly cordate in Ficus variegata).
Kind regards,
Varun"

Sep 27, 2022, 12:31:46 AM9/27/22
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Thanks, Sawmliana ji

From: M Sawmliana <msawm...@gmail.com>
Date: 1 May 2017 at 08:47
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>

Location : Dampui, Mizoram
Altitude : ca 1,100 m or more.
Date : 30-04-2013
Habit : Small to middle-sized tree
Habitat : Wild

Regards,
M.Sawmliana

With regards,
J.M.Garg

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 1, 2022, 11:11:40 AM10/1/22
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
I do not think it matches with images at Ficus auriculata
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 3, 2022, 4:12:04 AM10/3/22
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Oct 4, 2022, 10:15:47 AM10/4/22
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Who identified it ?
Ficus oligodon is as syn. of Ficus auriculata as per POWO.
However, going by GBIF specimens (one and two) of Ficus oligodon from India, it seems possible.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 4, 2022, 1:45:11 PM10/4/22
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Oct 5, 2022, 12:38:14 AM10/5/22
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Oct 5, 2022, 6:57:58 AM10/5/22
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Kept it as Ficus variegata, for the time being.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg