flower of 2009

Ravi Vaidyanathan

Dec 31, 2009, 1:30:08 AM12/31/09
to indiantreepix
This flower is of a particular small shrub is called Akkal Kara and is
used by the natives for treating speech disorders and stammering

When you bite into the flower it gives a sharp tingling sensation in
your tongue which lasts for a few minutes.. exactly like the sensation
that pipli gives

This shrub was photographed at the moroshi village just before the Malshej Ghat

Nikon D50 with 105 Nikkor Macro Lens

Regards

Ravi

DSC_4123.jpg

Parjanya guru

Jan 1, 2010, 2:49:47 AM1/1/10
to Ravi Vaidyanathan, indiantreepix
Spilanthes acmella (S. culva)?
A guess..

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 1, 2010, 6:23:09 AM1/1/10
to Parjanya guru, Ravi Vaidyanathan, indiantreepix
Acmella uliginosa I suppose

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Feb 12, 2010, 12:02:46 PM2/12/10
to efloraofindia, Ravi Vaidyanathan, ajinkya gadave, Gurcharan Singh

Earlier relevant feedback:
"Spilanthes acmella (S. culva)?
A guess.." from Ajinkya ji.

Acmella uliginosa I suppose

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSC_4123.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 15, 2010, 12:18:59 AM2/15/10
to efloraofindia, Ravi Vaidyanathan, ajinkya gadave, Gurcharan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
A reply:
"S. calva on account of deep yellow and smaller heads. Pale yellow and longer heads would be S. paniculata. Regards, Shrikant Ingalhalikar"

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 15, 2010, 11:51:08 AM2/15/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ravi Vaidyanathan, ajinkya gadave, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Shrikant ji
I have this paper on Acmella in Taiwan

Notes on Acmella (Asteraceae: Heliantheae) in Taiwan
Kuo-Fang CHung1, Yoshiko KOnO1, Chiu-Mei WANG2, and Ching-I PeNG1,*
Botanical Studies (2008) 49: 73-82.

It describes six species A. oleracea, A. paniculata, A. ciliata, A. brachyglossa and A. uliginosa. The key are description describes A. paniculata to have discoid heads. I don't have detailed description of A. calva. Could you help.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2010, 1:24:35 AM3/10/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Gurcharan Singh

Forwarding again for any assistance pl.

Earlier relevant feedback: