MS, July, 2021/16 Marsdenia sp. ? for id.

M Sawmliana

Jul 12, 2021, 11:58:36 AMJul 12
to indiantreepix
Location : Darlawn, Mizoram
Date : March, 1996 ?
Habit : Large climber with milky juice
Habitat : Wild
Note : Leaves & young stems are cooked and eaten as a vegetable.

Regards,
M.Sawmliana
Marsdenia sp. (An-kha-pui).jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 12, 2021, 9:24:23 PMJul 12
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Any other image?

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Jul 13, 2021, 1:40:01 AMJul 13
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Jul 20, 2021, 5:20:34 AMJul 20
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
What species are reported in your area with keys?
Do not find a match as per comparative images at Marsdenia

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jul 20, 2021, 5:23:15 AMJul 20
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
including Gymnema species.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jul 29, 2021, 2:26:09 AMJul 29
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
I am doubtful about the id as no distribution in this part of the world as per POWO, although listed in WILD EDIBLE PLANT RESOURCES USED BY THE MIZOS OF MIZORAM, INDIA along with Marsdenia formosana in Mizoram.
I tried to match both the species along with species reported in Checklist of Nepal, but could not find a match.
However, clear and detailed images may help.

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 at 15:53, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Sawmliana ji.

Oct 14, 2021, 7:17:27 AM (5 days ago) Oct 14
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, sv...@xtbg.ac.cn
A remark at Marsdenia species- Darlawn, Mizoram, from Sven Landrein:
"Your picture is very interesting and this specimen is very similar to Marsdenia incisa which is endemic to Xishuangbanna in China.I wish I could study this species with you in Mizoram and found its relationship in India-Myanmar-China.
best regards
sven"