Fwd: [itpmods:16052] A new Phyllanthus (Phyllanthaceae) from Andhra Pradesh

J.M. Garg

Oct 15, 2021, 9:55:19 PM10/15/21
to efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty
Thanks, Tapas ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tapas Chakrabarty <tcha...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct, 2021, 3:12 am
Subject: [itpmods:16052] A new Phyllanthus (Phyllanthaceae) from Andhra Pradesh
To: itpmods <itp...@googlegroups.com>

I congratulate the authors for bringing out this new Phyllanthus.
Kind regards,
Tapas Chakrabarty.

IMG_20211016_030539.jpg
IMG_20211016_030513.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 16, 2021, 1:26:15 AM10/16/21
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Tapas Chakrabarty
hank you Tapas ji, I had posted such plant under the name P.leshnaultii in efi ; but now it seems it is similar to the above species; I collected it from Velugonda hills, which are nearer to Palakonda; attaching few more images for clarification; habit-in rock crevices , woody undershrub; would you please help

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 3:12 AM Tapas Chakrabarty <tcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
I congratulate the authors for bringing out this new Phyllanthus.
Kind regards,
Tapas Chakrabarty.

A.Lalithamba

1phyllanthus.JPG
phyllanthus 3.JPG
phyllanthus0.JPG
phyllanthus 5.JPG
IMG_3710.JPG

Tapas Chakrabarty

Oct 16, 2021, 2:20:33 AM10/16/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Dear Lalithamba ji,
I think yes, this is the same plant.
In fact the first author Swamy sent me  plant samples of many species for naming and I also called the present plant as P. leschenaultii but with some deviations. Then he  informed me that it has some differences and finally after DNA studies he confirmed it as a new species.
Regards,
Tapas.

J.M. Garg

Oct 16, 2021, 3:22:47 AM10/16/21