For ID 160810 ET

1 view

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 16, 2010, 3:34:06 AM8/16/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower pictures in Gaumukh glacier, Uttarakhand.
Date/Time-10.7.10 ----1.51 p.m.
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- --- in Gaumukh
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- ----wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- --- Plant
Height/Length- -----Around 0.75 me
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------as seen in the picture
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- ----Original colour is seen in the photo
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_1217.JPG
IMG_1218.JPG

tanay bose

Aug 16, 2010, 9:02:56 AM8/16/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
I think this plant is Visrus infected , the leaf looks to be like that
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 16, 2010, 10:32:51 AM8/16/10
to tanay bose, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Tanay, I think you are right
Perhaps Spiraea/Sorbus/Sorbaria.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 16, 2010, 10:39:56 AM8/16/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Sir
I attach two more pictures which I took,in Gangotri, Uttarakhand.
Kindly let me know that all three plants/flowers  are same or different.
--
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam, FIE
Life Fellow
The Institution of Engineers (India)
Chartered Engineer (India)
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai
IMG_1100a.jpg
IMG_1101a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 16, 2010, 11:06:09 AM8/16/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Perhaps same and Sorbaria tomentosa

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

Aug 16, 2010, 2:40:50 PM8/16/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
This is Sorbaria tomentosa indeed but the plant in the previous photo was infected. This plant is known have Viral diseases.
Tanay