ID request

Devi Nair

Feb 22, 2010, 3:16:26 AM2/22/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
*Date/Time-* --------- February 16th,2010,/ 10.00 a.m

*Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- *---------- Wayanad,Kerala/  north latitude 110 27' and 150 58' and east longitude 750 47 ' and  700 27'.

*Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*----------- Estate

*Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- *----------- Tree

*Height/Length- *------------ not known

*Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*------------ not known

*Inflorescence Type/ Size- *------------ not known

*Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*---------  medium/ yellow/brown /not known

*Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-*----------- not known

*Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *........ slightly musky , a bit like ripe jackfruit / not known

Regards,
Devi

--
Earth is here so kind, that just tickle her with a hoe and she laughs with a harvest.
-- Douglas Jerrold.

flower.JPG
flowerandleaf.JPG
tree.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Feb 22, 2010, 3:37:23 AM2/22/10
to Devi Nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Gmelina sp., most probably G. arborea ... commonly known as: cashmere tree, coomb teak, goomar teak, kashmir tree, Malay bush-beech, white beech, white teak • Assamese: gomari • Bengali: গামার gamar, গাম্ভারি gambhari • Gujarati: શેવન shevan • Hindi: भद्रपर्णी bhadraparni, गमहर or गम्हड़ gamhar • Kannada: ಕಾಶ್ಮೀರಿ ಮರ kaashmiri mara, ಶಿವನಿಮರ shivanimara • Khasi: dieng lophiang • Konkani: शिवन shivan, सीनी sini • Malayalam: കുമിഴ് kumizh, കുമ്പിള്‍ kumpil • Manipuri: ৱাঙ wang • Marathi: शिवन or शिवण shivan, थोरशिवणी thorshivani • Mizo: thlanvawng • Naga: imbeh ching • Nepalese: कामरी kamari • Oriya: bhodropornni, butalo, thlanvawng • Punjabi: gumhar • Sanskrit: गम्भारी gambhari, सिन्धुपर्णी sindhuparni, सिन्धुवेषणम् sindhuveshanam, स्तूलत्वचा stulatvacha • Tamil: குமுதை kumutai, கூம்பல் kumpal, பெருங்குமிழ் peru-n-kumil • Telugu: పెద్ద గుముడు టేకు pedda gumudu teku

Dear friends, please point out any errors.

Regards.

Kenneth Greby

Feb 22, 2010, 4:30:30 PM2/22/10
to Devi Nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Gmelina arborea.

Regards--
Ken Greby.

Mar 1, 2010, 8:13:31 AM3/1/10
to efloraofindia

Dear Shobha ji,

This plant is Hoya acuta Haw. ............. i hope

regards

tanay

On Mar 1, 5:34 pm, shobha chavda <koa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> Posting a photo from Sri Lanka for Id.
>

> *Request for ID –  01032010SC2*

> Date / Time – 17 th Jan. 2010 / 2.50 pm
>
> Location – Place /Altitude / GPS –  Near Ramboda Falls,Sri Lanka.About
> 1000m.above sea-level
>
> Habitat – Garden/ Urban/ Wild / Type – Garden
>
> Plant Habit – Tree/Shrub / Climber /Herb – Shrub
>
> Height /Length – About 4-5 ft.
>
> Leaves Type / Shape / Size – Linear-lanceolate.
>
> Inflorescence Type /Size –
>
> Flowers Size /Colour /Calyx /Bracts – White in bunches.
>
> Fruits Type /Shape /Size / Seeds –
> Other Information like Fragrance,Pollinator,Uses etc -
>
> Regards,
>
> Shobha
>

>  Copy of Sri Lanka 248.jpg
> 235KViewDownload

Prashant awale

Mar 1, 2010, 8:37:40 AM3/1/10
to TANAY BOSE, efloraofindia
How about  Asclepias physocarpa   (Asclepiadaceae  Family).
Thanks & best wishes
Prashant

Satish Phadke

Mar 1, 2010, 9:19:04 AM3/1/10
to shobha chavda, indiantreepix
Asclepias physocarpa
I agree with Prashant ji. I haven't seen Asclepias physocarpa
The flowers resemble to some extent those of Asclepias curassavica.Difference is in colour and the lie which is not erect as in Asclepias curassavica.I think you have posted one ballon like fruit in some other thread which may be the fruit of this according to ...........
google search images finding.
Dr Phadke

shobha chavda

Mar 2, 2010, 6:13:26 AM3/2/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
I have posted both fruit ( ID 01032010 SCI ) and flower ( ID01032010SC2) of the same plant.I saw the images on google,but can't make out the difference in Asclepias fruticosa and Asclepias physocarpa.
Shobha