Request for ID: 070310-AK-3

Aarti S. Khale

Mar 7, 2010, 1:37:08 AM3/7/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Date/Time : 24th of October, 2008
Location Place : Kodaikanal ... Altitude : 2100 meters ... GPS
Habitat : Wild ... Type :
Plant Habit : Herb ... Height : small plant ... Length :  ...
Leaves Type : ... Shape :  ... Size
Inflorescence Type :  ... Size
Flowers Size : about 1 cm ... Colour : yellow ... Calyx :  ... Bracts
Fruits Type :  ... Shape :  ... Size :  ... Seeds

Other Info :
Fragrance :  ...  Pollinator :  ...  Uses

At the roadside growing wild.

Aarti

DSCN6742.JPG

Prashant awale

Mar 7, 2010, 2:15:40 AM3/7/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Looks like Verbascum sp. (Scrophulariaceae Family).

best wishes
Prashant

tanay bose

Mar 7, 2010, 7:32:41 AM3/7/10
to Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
Is this one Verbascum chinense ? Because years back one of my friends told me about this plant he saw in Ooty.

Reagrds

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 7, 2010, 8:16:04 AM3/7/10
to tanay bose, Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Tanay, you are right

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Mar 7, 2010, 8:21:37 AM3/7/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
I am overwhelmed Sir to know I remembered the name. thanks for confirming my ID.

Regards
Tanay

Aarti S. Khale

Mar 8, 2010, 1:11:01 PM3/8/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Gurcharan ji, Prashant ji , Tanay,
Thanks for the id.
Aarti

On Mar 7, 5:21 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am overwhelmed Sir to know I remembered the name. thanks for confirming my
> ID.
>
> Regards
> Tanay
>

> On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes Tanay, you are right
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>

> > On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 6:02 PM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Dear all,

> >> Is this one *Verbascum chinense ?* Because years back one of my

> >> friends told me about this plant he saw in Ooty.
>
> >> Reagrds
> >> Tanay

> >> --
> >> Tanay Bose
> >> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> >> 9830439691(Mobile)
> >> 9674221362 (Mobile)
>
> >> --

> >> .
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
>
> --
> Tanay Bose
> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> 9830439691(Mobile)

> 9674221362 (Mobile)- Hide quoted text -

Satish Phadke

Mar 9, 2010, 3:29:20 AM3/9/10
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
It definitely looks like Verbascum but I doubt the species.
The picture shows some reddish colour in the centre which I have not observed in the specimens which I have seen so far. The pictures which are observed after clicking on Verbascum chinens...Google search images (Mostly from Dinesh ji) also fail to show the red coloration.
I think this might be some escaped cultivar species from Verbascum as Arti ji has stated it to be found in wild habitat in Kodai.
Dr Phadke

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2010, 10:58:06 PM3/23/10
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Prashant awale, satish phadke, tanay bose, Dinesh Valke

Earlier relevant feedback:

Looks like Verbascum sp. (Scrophulariaceae Family).

best wishes
Prashant”

Is this one Verbascum chinense ? Because years back one of my friends told me about this plant he saw in Ooty.
Reagrds
Tanay”

“Yes Tanay, you are right--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

"It definitely looks like Verbascum but I doubt the species.
The picture shows some reddish colour in the centre which I have not observed in the specimens which I have seen so far. The pictures which are observed after clicking on Verbascum chinens...Google search images (Mostly from Dinesh ji) also fail to show the red coloration.
I think this might be some escaped cultivar species from Verbascum as Arti ji has stated it to be found in wild habitat in Kodai.
Dr Phadke"

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSCN6742.JPG

Rohit Patel

Mar 24, 2010, 1:10:10 AM3/24/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Prashant awale, satish phadke, tanay bose, Dinesh Valke
smell of this plant is like capsicum ?????????
ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
Asst. Project cordinator
(Grassland development)
AHKC unit,Sahjeevan