Physalis peruviana

Satish Phadke

Nov 23, 2009, 1:58:27 AM11/23/09
to indiantreepix Indian
Physalis peruviana  (पोपटी) Family :Solanaceae
Panchagani Mahabaleshwar route
Nov 2009.
DSCN3604s.jpg
DSCN3606s.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Nov 23, 2009, 3:00:10 AM11/23/09
to indiantreepix
Nicandra physaloides

On Nov 23, 11:58 am, Satish Phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Physalis peruviana*  (पोपटी) Family :Solanaceae
> Panchagani Mahabaleshwar route
> Nov 2009.
>
>  DSCN3604s.jpg
> 119KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN3606s.jpg
> 91KViewDownload

Satish Phadke

Nov 23, 2009, 7:45:07 AM11/23/09
to shrikant ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Thanks
I was believing this to be Physalis peruviana as per FOS. As per Shrikant ji's reply and after further searching this definitely has to be Nicandra physaloides as the colour in both is quite different.

Swagat

Nov 23, 2009, 7:56:00 AM11/23/09
to Satish Phadke, shrikant ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Dear all,

'Nicandra physaloides' is called 'Ranpopati' 'रानपोपटी' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568