Need ID - Anshi NP

Raptor Conservation

Aug 13, 2011, 5:16:05 AM8/13/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Not sure what this tree is! Any help is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Dr.Pranay Rao Juvvadi,
General Secretary, Raptor Conservation Foundation,
1-10-63/4, Chikoti Gardens , Begumpet,
Hyderabad-500 016,
Andhra Pradesh, India .
Mobile No: (091) 9866978785
Email: raptorc...@yahoo.com

ID 1a.jpg
ID 1b.jpg

manudev madhavan

Aug 13, 2011, 9:28:30 AM8/13/11
to Raptor Conservation, indian...@googlegroups.com
please follow the guidelines..
Give more details
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow

Smilax004

Aug 13, 2011, 1:23:11 PM8/13/11
to Raptor Conservation, indiantreepix, manudev madhavan
I too would like to encourage you to give supportive information
regarding the plants whenever you post pictures for id in the
prescribed format of our group, as Manudev pointed out.
My guess for the given pictures stands for species of Chionanthus of
Oleaceae family.
If you can provide information on flowers it would be easy to reach
species.

Regards,
Giby

On Aug 13, 2:16 pm, Raptor Conservation <raptorconse...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Email: raptorconse...@yahoo.com
>
>  ID 1a.jpg
> 258KViewDownload
>
>  ID 1b.jpg
> 179KViewDownload

Ushadi micromini

Aug 14, 2011, 7:39:05 AM8/14/11
to efloraofindia
Yes please follow the guidelines....

Garg ji has provided these recently: I quote from his posting...
" Sure, why not? But pictures at per posting guidelines will be
helpful.
You can see Detailed & Brief posting guidelines at
https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/posting-guidelines. "
end quote....

Usha di
=========

Pravin Kawale

Aug 14, 2011, 8:36:26 AM8/14/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Hi,
Pl. check for Olea dioica
Marathi name : Parjambhul
Regards

--
*Pravin*

H S

Aug 14, 2011, 8:58:00 AM8/14/11
to Pravin Kawale, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Yes even i guess Olea dioica

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Smilax004

Aug 14, 2011, 12:56:05 PM8/14/11
to Raptor Conservation, indiantreepix, Pravin Kawale, manudev madhavan, H S, micromi...@gmail.com
My only concern for this to be Olea is the leaf margin!
From the pictures provided the leaf margin seems to be entire! That
provoked my thoughts deviated to Chionanthus sp.

Any way, let us wait to hear more from "Raptor Conservation" to reach
a conclusion.
Fruits of most of the Oleaceae species are good treat for most of the
birds.