SK 3399 10 April 2022

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 10, 2022, 7:21:42 AM4/10/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Sheila Sadd, Alastair Culham
Dear Members,

Location: Gorran Haven, St. Austell, UK
Altitude: 43m.
Date: 02 April 2022
Habit : Cultivated
Erica ... ???

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_2495.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 10, 2022, 7:22:09 AM4/10/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Sheila Sadd, Alastair Culham

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_2496.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 10, 2022, 7:22:34 AM4/10/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Sheila Sadd, Alastair Culham
DSC_2497.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 10, 2022, 7:22:50 AM4/10/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Sheila Sadd, Alastair Culham

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_2498.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 10, 2022, 9:50:02 AM4/10/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Something new.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 10, 2022, 9:57:37 AM4/10/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Yes Mr. Garg. Commonly known as Bell Heather!
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 10, 2022, 10:29:21 AM4/10/22
to efloraofindia
Hmm!
Hold on a minute.
I live in Scotland UK where Heathers cover the hillsides.
I find them tricky to id.
This one was found in Cornwall...so may not be Erica cinerea  ...common name bell heather,
I wonder if it is Erica vagans...common name Cornish heather????
But do not have sufficient expertise. Sorry.
Others can decide.

Quote www...."The key identification characteristics of Cornish Heath (Erica vagans) are: Stamens protruding from mouth of corolla. Pedicels (the stalk of the flower) longer than flowers. Bell-shaped flowers."

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 10, 2022, 10:52:29 AM4/10/22
to efloraindia, Sheila Sadd, Alastair Culham, J.M. Garg
I could not decide but your guess looks to be close !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 14, 2022, 12:24:30 PM4/14/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Sheila Sadd