Last few ID Requests (3) of North Bengal flower- 26May09 SJ

Sushmita Jha

May 26, 2009, 1:31:19 AM5/26/09
to indiantreepix
Hi all,

third post of the day. This is quite common, I think but couldnt find it in any book.

After two weeks of silence (when I wont have access to email), I will post many more ID requests from Ladakh even though I will have my Polunin & Stainton on me.

Thanks for all your help.
Sushmita
Wildflower ID-north bengal, Oct08- 210.jpg

Tabish

May 26, 2009, 2:00:52 AM5/26/09
to indiantreepix
This should be White Porterweed, a species of Stachytarpheta. I think
it is Stachytarpheta australis
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/White%20Porterweed.html
but I would appreciate some opinion from others on this.
- Tabish
>  Wildflower ID-north bengal, Oct08- 210.jpg
> 94KViewDownload

Sushmita Jha

May 26, 2009, 3:56:57 AM5/26/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Very much the same flower - thank you again, Tabish.

Please also take a look at my other email related to an earlier post about which generated this debate about whether the streamers of flowers are part of the tree or a separate creeper.
Thank you.
Sushmita